spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jasnhrpr
@216.30.236.x

jasnhrpr

Anon

Can you lock EVDO on the Mifi 2200?

I switched over to virgin mobile from Hughesnet a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with the switch. However, every so often my signal switches from EVDO to the 1xrtt and stays there for a while before it will switch back to EVDO. Is there any way to make it only see the EVDO signal?
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

Buy a high gain antenna and put it on the roof for a stonger signal. If it's coming from 2 different locations where one is 1xrtt and the other is EVDO you might need a directional antenna so you can choose the best signal. You can find the antennas on ebay.
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

One of the drawbacks of the MIFI is that it has no external antenna port . So the only way to enhance the signal is through a cellular wireless amplifier system. These do not come cheap.
ArizonaSteve
join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

ArizonaSteve

Not true, you can get an antenna coupler for a cellphone to couple the outdoor signal to the antenna or just place another cellphone antenna (connected to the outdoor antenna) near the mifi antenna. They sell the couplers on ebay too but you can get 2 cell phone antennas at the swapmeet and all you need is an SMA barrel connector to join them together.
Max Signal
Premium Member
join:2008-03-07
Buffalo, NY

Max Signal

Premium Member

You are talking about an induction adapter . Induction does not work well unless you are using a direct connect amplifier . Even the with proper adapter placement ( directly over the interior antenna on the device ), it is about 50 % as effective as a direct RF connection. Any person in a signal challenged area should really consider the MC760 USB device and a Cradlepoint router that way they can enhance their signal easily.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to jasnhrpr

to jasnhrpr
said by jasnhrpr :

Is there any way to make it only see the EVDO signal?
Doesn't appear to be a setting on the mifi, or even the mc760 to lock it into evdo mode no.