spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jaypetrello
join:2010-10-05
Fort Myers, FL

jaypetrello

Hmmmm?

I agree that having 12mbps just pushes you to the cap faster but my concern would be the service. I had T-Mobile and AT&T and they were both very inconsistent. AT&T is launching Netflix while you can't really catch much of a signal or make a phone call and T-Mobile is launching "4G" while they have pretty limited service and resources in most places. These companies should really get towers galore out first before they bog down the stretched ones they have now. Just makes sense for the customer. Good luck......
NuShrike
join:2010-09-01

NuShrike

The genius of this is continuing infrastructure deployment that software upgrades to 4G. It's a win/win.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to jaypetrello

to jaypetrello
On HSPA+ here T-Mobile has landline-quality connectivity. Sightly higherlatency (60ms to the Internet) but the experience feels positively snappy, even though the tower I'm using can only push 1.6-1.8 Mbps due to lack of backhaul.

That said, if I walk two blocks and go inside a building I'm stuck with 160 kbps on EDGE.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

I get pushed to 3.6Mb/s down, 1.20Mb/s up on my iPhone with HSPA 7.2.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

1. What's your latency?
2. I can get 8+ Mbps down, 700 kbps up a few miles from here. Not sure why the upstream is so low...
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

I don't have a data card so my statistics won't be accurate. Smart-phones have worse reception know and/or processing data transfer.

I get 200, 300 ms, sometimes less than 200 ms. When I switch to Wi-FI it reports latency of 70ms while my macbook picks up 16 ms from the same source. And it never goes above 12 mb/s in speed test, though I can get burst speed up to 20mb from my laptop.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

said by chgo_man99:

I don't have a data card so my statistics won't be accurate. Smart-phones have worse reception know and/or processing data transfer.

I get 200, 300 ms, sometimes less than 200 ms. When I switch to Wi-FI it reports latency of 70ms while my macbook picks up 16 ms from the same source. And it never goes above 12 mb/s in speed test, though I can get burst speed up to 20mb from my laptop.
My latency has decreased dramatically, now this is WiFi tethered to my iPhone 4 so speed's are capped below 7.2, but I am confident I can hit much higher than this with an HSPA+ card.

chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

I don't understand. Tethering in iPhone uses either bluetooth or usb cable. IPhone does not have wi-fi hotspot like EVO.

Its battery life is awesome, sure longer than evo's. Just always make sure that you turn off wi-fi when you don't use it. Its a real battery drainer.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

said by chgo_man99:

I don't understand. Tethering in iPhone uses either bluetooth or usb cable. IPhone does not have wi-fi hotspot like EVO.

Its battery life is awesome, sure longer than evo's. Just always make sure that you turn off wi-fi when you don't use it. Its a real battery drainer.
I forgot to mention I jailbroke my iPhone 4 running OS 4.1 haha, I am using PDAnet WiFi tether. And though I don't have to, I do pay monthly for tethering because I just have the grandfathered generic smartphone/tethering plan from a few years back. It's 5GB tethering and unlimited data.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska to chgo_man99

Premium Member

to chgo_man99
Eek. Im sorry. My 3g phone gets 6-7 Mb/s down 1.5 Mb/s up on tmobile.
chgo_man99
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Not everywhere. You know some Att subscribers also saw 6 mb in their area. Your comment "haha but I got this..." is pitful.