This is a sub-selection from Nothing to say because it's true

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to Gbcue

Re: Nothing to say because it's true

said by Gbcue:

AT&T has nothing to say because what T-Mobile is saying is true; HSPA+ speeds on T-Mobile are faster than those of AT&T's.
True, but T-Mobile coverage is piss poor.

I'd rather have slower speeds and coverage instead of faster speeds and no coverage.

jgkolt
Premium
join:2004-02-21
Avon, OH

I have actually had really good coverage with T-Mobile. I think coverage really depends on the area you are in as a representation of the small area were you live is not necessarily representative of the whole coverage available.

fifty nine

Sussex, NJ

said by jgkolt:

I think coverage really depends on the area you are in as a representation of the small area were you live is not necessarily representative of the whole coverage available.
The problems I had with T-Mobile coverage were in Queens, NYC.

Out here in NJ it's a lot worse.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
join:2005-03-19
Evanston, IL
reply to fifty nine

AT&T has just as bad data coverage

fifty nine

Sussex, NJ

said by ArrayList:

AT&T has just as bad data coverage
Really? I've had data coverage where T-Mobile has nothing.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Evanston, IL

and i've had data coverage on t-mobile where AT&T has nothing.

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3

said by ArrayList:

That's nice.. and valid.. however, T-mobile has more of that going on than AT&T. Next non-issue??

mahermusic

join:2001-07-06
U.S.A.
Reviews:
·Vonage
reply to fifty nine

said by fifty nine:

said by jgkolt:

I think coverage really depends on the area you are in as a representation of the small area were you live is not necessarily representative of the whole coverage available.
The problems I had with T-Mobile coverage were in Queens, NYC.

Out here in NJ it's a lot worse.
I'm in Jersey, been with T-Mo so long my sim card actually has "VoiceStream" on it (remember them?), and I've never NOT had great reception. (I've been in Burlington, Monmouth, Mercer, Hudson and Atlantic counties)...
--
1/20/09 = The final day of our Retarded Cowboy President!

buddahbless

join:2005-03-21
Premium
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to jgkolt

Have u ever taken a train trip on amtrak or driven on rural roads and highways or are u a big City interstate only person. I have both att and tmo. The poster above is correct TMO coverage is pitiful next to att's. I have 2 Blackberries and the tmo one goes SOS ( no service) 3x as much as the att one I second the motion, give me coverage and ill sacrifice the 3g/4g speed.

iLive4Fusion
Premium
join:2006-07-13
reply to ArrayList

said by ArrayList:

But AT&T has a much larger 3G and 3.5G network, their entire network is EDGE unlike T-Mobile.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to buddahbless

TMO has always said and will ALWAYS be a major city provider They won't move to the smaller cities and there is a reason for that. more $$$ in the big cities.

Also unlike ATT; TMO actually takes care of their network and keeps improving it. Unlike ATT they just keep buying and buying and say the hell with the network; we don't care.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
reply to buddahbless

Live in Salt Lake City... go outside of town and you can _easily_ be in the middle of nowhere. Often go camping and 4x4ing with friends on other networks. We always lose and regain our signals within a few seconds of each other.

ArrayList
netbus developer
Premium
Evanston, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to iLive4Fusion

you live in hoover alabama. AT&T decided to invest there. enjoy it. T-Mobile is investing where they will make the money back. upgrading all of those edge spots is not cost effective. I don't blame them for doing that. you can't please every customer. when I travel I hardly ever go below edge service which is just fine with me. T-Mobile is running a business. and right now that means pushing HSPA+ while pushing HSPA+ devices. that makes them the most money and keeps them in business. something that AT&T is trying to get going, but not having much luck with.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to buddahbless

I took amtrak from western illinois to seattle and very rarely lost coverage. I had my tmo dell netbook out surfing the web, chatting for just about "the whole trip. The few spots I lost coverage, a network scan showed att missing too.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
San Diego, CA
reply to iLive4Fusion

But I pay a hell of a lot less than my brother on att! Fot me, the tradeoff is fine.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
reply to djdanska

would not be taking an airplane cheaper and faster?

Although I live close to major traffic airports.

Crookshanks

join:2008-02-04
Binghamton, NY
reply to hottboiinnc

said by hottboiinnc:

TMO has always said and will ALWAYS be a major city provider They won't move to the smaller cities and there is a reason for that. more $$$ in the big cities.
So they are cherry picking the more profitable markets and leaving the rest of us to rot on the vine. Hasn't this site editorialized against Verizon for doing this exact same thing? Why should T-Mo get a pass for it?

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Crookshanks:

said by hottboiinnc:

So they are cherry picking the more profitable markets and leaving the rest of us to rot on the vine. Hasn't this site editorialized against Verizon for doing this exact same thing? Why should T-Mo get a pass for it?
Because T-Mobile isn't getting USF subsidies.
--
My Blog 2.0

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
San Diego, CA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to Crookshanks

Metropcs and cricket do the same thing. T-Mobile doesn't go around telling anybody they cover ninety something percent of the country. Verizon does, and when you tell people you have the largest network, they are going to expect it. I don't recall t-mobile advertising they are the largest provider or covers the most American's.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

iLive4Fusion
Premium
reply to djdanska

You pay for what you get.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
San Diego, CA

Right. No way in hell i would trade my HD2 w/triple boot os phone w/7 Meg internet for any amount of iphones regardless of price..

iLive4Fusion
Premium

My iPhone can pull just as fast speed's as an HD2. HD2 really isn't that impressive either. I have one.
--
2010 Ford Fusion Sport

Big Dawg 23

join:2002-03-27
Northfield, MN

Have you modded the phone and flashed a custom rom and Android? I have both HD2 and G2. My HD2 with Android runs just about as fast and most new Android Phones. The screen and video is a lot nicer and any iPhone. The Retina display is over sold and is not noticeable to most people.

xrobertcmx
Premium
join:2001-06-18
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to fifty nine

I'm up in the air on that one. I remember having periodic coverage issues with T-Mo, like every night when I got home, but AT&T has been worse because I never know when it will or won't work. It always says I have coverage, but than takes 5 minutes to bring up a site, or worse, it won't work at all.
Happened Friday when my wife and I tried to check movie showtimes on my iPhone with 3 bars and the big 3G logo showing. T-Mo at least always worked when it showed signal.
Time to try and get them to fix the Tower.
--
Retaking our country one election at a time.