spc
Search similar:

uniqs
heavymetal
join:2010-11-16
Canada

heavymetal

Cisco DPC3000 firmware upgraded

Hi does anyone notice there Cisco DPC3000 firmware got upgraded? My modem just crashed and rebooted it and I check the status of the modem at »192.168.100.1 and notice that the web GUI have changed.

DavidT8
She turned me into a newt
join:2006-09-01
Oakville, ON

DavidT8

The UI on mine still looks like it just stepped out of the DeLorean from 1991.

Bootloader Revision: PSPU-Boot 1.0.0.4
Current Software Revision: dpc3000-v303r2390-090629a
Firmware Name: dpc3000-v303r2390-090629a.cosigned.p7b
Firmware Build Time: 20090629185543
vonSchroeder
join:2004-11-12
Hamilton, ON

vonSchroeder

said by DavidT8:

There is a newer firmware version than that now. I got the update around 9 pm tonight. I can only assume they are rolling it out bit by bit. My firmware version is now 20100812134655.

PS: The user interface does not display correctly in Chrome for me; it is all code and not graphics. Can anyone else confirm if the update user interface works in Chrome. Looks fine in Safari on my Mac and in Opera on my PC.

DavidT8
Oakville, ON

DavidT8 to heavymetal

to heavymetal
Hm.

»[Oakville] Outage and now Slow Speeds

Maybe that's what that outage was last night/this morning for me? I rebooted my modem when it went out :\
heavymetal
join:2010-11-16
Canada

heavymetal to vonSchroeder

to vonSchroeder
Click for full size
said by vonSchroeder:

said by DavidT8:

There is a newer firmware version than that now. I got the update around 9 pm tonight. I can only assume they are rolling it out bit by bit. My firmware version is now 20100812134655.

PS: The user interface does not display correctly in Chrome for me; it is all code and not graphics. Can anyone else confirm if the update user interface works in Chrome. Looks fine in Safari on my Mac and in Opera on my PC.
Yes the interface is not loading for me either in Chrome on Linux but works on Firefox and in IE on Windows as well. I should have added this image earlier.

DavidT8
Oakville, ON

DavidT8 to heavymetal

to heavymetal
Just got it

Hopefully this fixes those freezing issues for some.
docbg
join:2004-03-10
Ancaster, ON

docbg to heavymetal

to heavymetal
Got the new firmware and the freezing is NOT FIXED. Just had a huge download abort. Had to restart the modem. Ridiculous!
exseven8
Premium Member
join:2003-05-23
L8E0G6

exseven8

Premium Member

whats you mac address

DavidT8
Oakville, ON

DavidT8

What are the login creds for the modem anyway?

Does it provide access to additional setup options or has Cogeco disabled access in the firmware?
exseven8
Premium Member
L8E0G6

exseven8 to docbg

Premium Member

to docbg
A quick inspection of you modem shows RF issues, i would recommend booking a service call to have that looked at as it is not related to the problem (although the symptoms appear the same)
vonSchroeder
Hamilton, ON

vonSchroeder to heavymetal

to heavymetal
It looks like the firmware update yesterday made things worse, at least for me. I had not suffered from the sleepy modem problem that others had reported but after the firmware update yesterday my modem is now locking up every few hours.

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry to exseven8

to exseven8
exseven: If I pm'd my mac address, could you run a quick check for me to see if there are any issues? I'm considering upgrading to Ultimate 30 and would like to know if there are any.
exseven8
Premium Member
L8E0G6

exseven8 to vonSchroeder

Premium Member

to vonSchroeder
Can you explain to me what you mean by locking up? All lights on solid and no traffic? Any lights blinking? Are you able to get to 192.168.100.1, what are the levels on the DS's and US?

DavidT8
Oakville, ON

DavidT8 to heavymetal

to heavymetal
When it locked up, all the lights except for the "Link" LED are solid green (the Link LED still blinks green steadily) and you lose internet connectivity.

I can't remember if the admin page was still acessbile, I don't think I checked.
vonSchroeder
Hamilton, ON

vonSchroeder to exseven8

to exseven8
said by exseven8:

Can you explain to me what you mean by locking up? All lights on solid and no traffic? Any lights blinking? Are you able to get to 192.168.100.1, what are the levels on the DS's and US?
When the modem locks up/freezes/crashes whatever you want to call it all lights remain on as usual. The first 4 (left to right) are solid green as usual and the 5th one is blinking as usual. The modem will not pass any traffic. Logging into my router it reports that the WAN connection is still up but if I RELEASE the DHCP lease I am not able to RENEW. While the modem is like this I am not able to access the modem interface @ 192.168.100.1. If I power cycle the modem it fixes the issue.

My levels are good as far as I know.

Downstream
          Power Level   Signal to Noise Ratio
Channel 0:  4.2 dBmV      36.8 dBmV
Channel 1:  4.1 dBmV      37.9 dBmV
Channel 2:  4.3 dBmV      37.9 dBmV

Upstream
                Power Level
Channel 0:  41.3 dBmV

Graham8
Cogeco Ultimate 55 DPC3008 RVS4000
Premium Member
join:2002-10-13
Oakville, ON

Graham8 to heavymetal

Premium Member

to heavymetal
I am purchasing an x10 module and xmiter so i can toggle power to the stupid modem without running downstairs all the time. NEVER had any problems with my RCA modem... just this crappy Cisco/LinkSys pos.

Now if cogeco would hurry up and finish their investigation as to how I "uploaded" 62000+Mb of data on the 13th all would be good, especially when there was an outage for 6 of those hours in Oakville that day... AND considering at 1.5mbps it would take 88 hours to do so...
vertiman
join:2007-09-17
Milton, ON

vertiman to vonSchroeder

to vonSchroeder
I think we got the firmware this morning and the modem has been hanging every few hours since.

Same behavior as vonSchroeder.

Last time this happened, I swapped out my modem and it got better for the past month and a bit.

Gotta say all the issues with cogeco are getting old really fast. I'm on my 3rd modem in 6 months!
docbg
Ancaster, ON

docbg to heavymetal

to heavymetal
+1

Was told by a tech here that my line had a problem with the upstream SNR so my issue was not related to the "sleepy modem" effect. Booked service call, tech came out and tested the line... no problems with the line. Swapped out the modem (he had no clue about the "sleepy modem" issue). Of course, the problem still persists. Just had a freeze a few minutes ago.

Am I wrong to assume that this should be priority #1 for Cogeco as they are essentially selling a broken product? Can you imagine watching a TV set that kept blacking out and the only way to get the picture back was to power cycle it? That thing would go back to the store before you could say "best buy".

Too bad I can't get Fibe in my area yet.

Last Parade
join:2002-10-07
Port Colborne, ON

Last Parade

said by docbg:

Too bad I can't get Fibe in my area yet.

now that's desperation.
docbg
Ancaster, ON

docbg to heavymetal

to heavymetal
Not really. Say what you will about Bell but at least their products *WORK*. They are a mess of a company but when I had their HSE service back in the day, I never had a single issue. 100% uptime without a hiccup for years. Eventually went to Teksavvy because of Bell's caps.

If the Arris modems don't suffer from this problem, why can't Cogeco deploy them to ALL docsis3 customers?
ShawnR
join:2004-07-04

ShawnR

said by docbg:

If the Arris modems don't suffer from this problem, why can't Cogeco deploy them to ALL docsis3 customers?

The Arris modems DO suffer from the problem! :-P

Graham8
Cogeco Ultimate 55 DPC3008 RVS4000
Premium Member
join:2002-10-13
Oakville, ON

Graham8 to DavidT8

Premium Member

to DavidT8
said by DavidT8:

What are the login creds for the modem anyway?

Does it provide access to additional setup options or has Cogeco disabled access in the firmware?

If u ever figure out the login, let everyone know, I'd like access to the logs again...