spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SanfordNC
join:2010-07-15
Sanford, NC

SanfordNC

Do I win an award?

Check out this ping, DL speed, and UL speed...

Windstream FTW!

BlueArcher
Premium Member
join:2003-03-11
Lexington, KY

BlueArcher

Premium Member

need like button

Windstream
Premium Member
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH

Windstream to SanfordNC

Premium Member

to SanfordNC
If you'd like us to take a look at your connection, just send us a PM with the phone number you DSL service is under and we'll let you know what we find.
-JV
SanfordNC
Sanford, NC

SanfordNC

Thanks for offer, but "no thanks"... The last few times that Windstream "took a look at my connection" things were made worse (not better). The experience was absolutely dreadful and I do not intend to repeat it.

I am convinced that Windstream is oversold and underbuilt in my area (and a lot of the entire southeast), coupled with outdated/sub-standard equipment and as a result unfortunately "my problem" can't really be fixed...
Just read through this forum for a while and see just how many customers suffer REPEATED UNEXPLAINED slowdowns practically every single night, on and on and on....

I have dealt with this for years now, and the longest it typically works well ican be measured in days/weeks. At some point Windsteam needs to be forced by regulators to fulfil its obligations. I know that my patience is exhausted at this point.

Windstream
Premium Member
join:2009-03-31
Twinsburg, OH

Windstream

Premium Member

We're sorry you feel we can't be of any assistance.
said by SanfordNC:

Just read through this forum for a while and see just how many customers suffer REPEATED UNEXPLAINED slowdowns practically every single night, on and on and on....
Most users tend to be vocal only when they're experiencing problems, which holds true for any consumer based industry. This undoubtedly slants the bias toward the negative end.

If you would ever like us to try to resolve or give some insight into the problems you are experiencing, feel free to contact us on these forums.
-JV
Duo
join:2010-04-09
Lexington, KY

Duo to SanfordNC

to SanfordNC
That must be how Windstream higher ups sleep at night. They dream about all the praise they aren't getting for their terrific service and blow off a forum load of customers (remember thats only the vocal FORUM GROUP not counting all the people who call in)

I have no doubt Windstream runs on the ignorance of people who buy the service and don't notice when it runs slower because their email still comes up and they don't watch Hulu or Youtube.
SanfordNC
Sanford, NC

SanfordNC to Windstream

to Windstream
I appreciate the gesture/your interest, but please understand my perspective...

I have been a Windstream customer (formally Alltel) for many,many years (same address DSL number) and have had trouble off and on (mostly on the last year) the entire time. It never "stays fixed" and the quality of the service is extremely inconsistent. You literally never know how fast/slow the connection will be at any given moment. The last several times that I engaged the trouble ticket/problem resolution process, the Windstream techs/engineers (without my consent) simply decided to reprovision the line from 3meg to 1.5 blaming my distance from the "central office" for my problems. Of course this was/is not the actual problem and the downgrade actually made matters worse because it left me with a degraded 1.5 meg service pulling down ~10% speed instead of a 3 meg service pulling down ~10% of advertised speed.

You need to realize that these wild speed fluctuation come and go on their own and have nothing to do with my specific line/connection/equipment. THIS HAS TO BE A MUCH BROADER PROBLEM and I am sick and tired of Windstream pretending otherwise.