dslreports logo
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
4
share rss forum feed


Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Adalicia

You Awaken In Razor Hill (Part Ten)

> BILLY STOP PLAYING VIDEO GAMES THEY'LL SCARE YOU

I'M FINE MOM JESUS GET OFF MY BACK I'M NOT A KID ANYMORE


> Hearthstone

You can't Hearthstone right now, you don't know where it is!


> after feign death wears off lay down frost trap [area of effect one] and roll in this to put out fire.
> disengage FD and put out fire, it hurts really bad!


Okay so the Immolating Straw Men were absolutely not fooled by FD, if the sudden sharp pain in your back is any evidence.

You roll forward out of the way of several rusting weapons and at least one set of oscillating jaws that shred the stone you were just resting on, slap a Frost Trap on the ground and slam your fist into the center of it.

Magic spurts out from under your fst, freezing on contact with the air and smoothly transmuting into ice as it spreads over the earth, sending the Immolating Straw Men Reeling back, shrieking in agony.

You kick off one foot and spin like Poe's corpse confronted with Barrens Chat, rolling hard across the ice, snuffling out the flames and gaining some serious distance from the Keep. No longer burning, you skid across the ice and hurl yourself up to your feet, fleeing with everything you have towards that Junction.

(Your Health is now at 60%
You are no longer Burning.)



> haul ass to sen'jin

You cannot haul ass to Sen'Jin, there is a Pyramid Hogger blocking your path.


> Attempt to persuade Pyramid hogger into being the love of your life
> Only one thing left to do. Beg for your life while slinking away from Pyramid Hogger. THEN RUN! AFJAFASH!
> Ask Pyramid Hogger for a hall pass
> Throw the last of the Troll Sweat and Crystal Powder at Pyramid Hogger and hope he suffers from some random allergic reaction
> Surrender to Pyramid Hogger's almighty girth


Gasping for breath, you arrive at the Southern Junction. You place your hands on your knees and wheeze, trying very hard to ignore the sudden and suddenly painful stitch in your side.

The trail to the South, leading towards Sen'Jin opens peacefully before you, completely unobstructed.

You can even see the outline of one of Sen'jins Numerous Fish-Drying Racks down there, even through the Abyssal Darkness.

The Immolating Straw Men and Lesser Ravening Worms don't appear to have followed you and apart from the now-familiar sounds of cloth on stone off in the distance, it's fairly quiet.

Looks like you're safe, for the moment.

To the North is the trail towards Razor Hill.
To the East is the trail towards Tiragarde Keep.
To the South is the trail towards Sen'jin Village.


> Revive ScratchFever and mend pet until he's happy

You close your eyes and concentrate your Arcane Energies, restoring life and substance to your Pet.

You don't need to cast your Glyphed Mend Pet on him, however, because he is ecstatic.

Did you see him in there? Scratchfever excitedly re-enacts his moment of triumph for you, complete with awkward, kung-fu poses, dreadful roars and warbling attempts to emulate the sound it made when he ripped its fucking face off.

He goes up for a high five and you do not leave him hanging.

(Scratchfever's Happiness is 100%)

You assure Scratchfever that your multiple burns and open wounds were achieved avenging his noble death, that you struck down four of them in your mournful rage and made them regret their sins, which he buys completely.

(Scratchfever has gained one level of Loyalty!
Scratchfever is now your Loyal Henchman)



> Clean out soiled pants

You do the best you can but honestly, what's one more terrible smell?


> Examine your equipment for any signs of tinkering, most notably checking for rocket boots and a hand-mounted pyro rocket. You're an Engineer, right? What's the worst that could happen?

You give your Mail Armor a once-over.

It looks like you've got Tuskarr's Vitality on your boots and your feet, thus far, have not failed you.

Your Gloves, however, have an Herbalism enchant on them.


> use eyes of the beast to scout the path to Sen'jin

You hurl your Keen Eyes and Heightened Perception into the distance and end up staring pretty much squarely at your own ass.

Something about the Abyssal Darkness is playing merry hell with your camera. I mean your perceptions, it's playing merry hell with your perceptions.


> If clear - head to Sen'jin to find some food, shelter, and sanity
> Go South to Sen'Jin.. Third time's a charm, right?


You close your eyes, grit your teeth and give this one more shot, placing one foot in front of the other and nervously attempt to Go South to Sen'Jin oh please oh please oh please oh

........... ........... ........... ........... ........... ........... ........... ........... ...........

You are now in Sen'Jin Village. The Abyssal Darkness opens up in this area far wider than any area you have encountered thus far, doming the Village and a portion of the Ocean beyond.

This is an unassuming little Troll village composed of a semicircle of Huts around a large Communal Fire, which is currently snuffed out.

A Large Pot hangs over this firepots, suspended by a large wooden frame.

The Huts are ramshackle and seemingly crude, spars of Kodo and Clefthoof bone with skins stretched out to form incomplete walls, the huts themselves open-faced, accepting and deflecting the elements rather than simply closing them away.

There are dozens of Fish-Drying Racks, hung with literally hundreds of fish that have been dead since Molten Core was The Next Big Thing. The stench is oppressive, a wall of odor that would send you puking if there was anything substantial in your belly.

Scratchfever loves it here.

Past the village, you can see the Ocean, which is unsettlingly quiet at the moment, the sound distant and muffled even though you can see the waves. Dark forms drift slowly in the water, aimlessly shifting and settling and sliding against each other.

Beyond this, shrouded in some sort of fog, are the Echo Isles.

There is a Skinner's Hut here
There is a Fisherman's Hut here
There is a Large Central Inn here
There is a Blacksmithy here
There is a Voodoo Trinkets Stand here
There is a Large Pot here

East leads to the Echo Isles.
West leads to the Valley of Trials.
North leads to the Southern Junction.


> Ponder what may have happened.

At this point, you're fairly positive it's Blood Elves.

Again.


> Do a Barrell Roll

You just did one back at Tiragarde Keep.

Did you see you? Because that was pretty damn awesome.


> Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up. Don't look up.

Nothing, no force on this or any earth, no power under heaven or above hell could ever make you lift your head right now. None.

You are resolute: you will not look up.


> Look up.

The dome of Abyssal Darkness reaches a height of perhaps a hundred and fifty feet at its highest point in this area, which appears to be somewhere between the Echo Isles and Sen'Jin proper.

This Abyssal Darkness stuff is bizarre. It holds in place like it has a physical presence, but all it is, is excessively dark shadow.

Apart from the Abyssal Darkness, there doesn't appear to be anything directly over your head.


> Track Humanoids. If nothing shows, track hidden again.
> cycle through tracking types once again
> Check for Undead, Or hidden.


You close your Keen Eyes and concentrate hard with your Heightened Senses even before you enter into the town itself, swapping through all your Trackings to give yourself a better idea of what you're about to blunder into, before you blunder into it.

Undead is as stuffed as it ever has been, and the Nameless Blips here are thankfully still Nameless and still more or less Immobile.

Giants, Elementals, Demons and Dragonkin are all still blank.

Hidden is blank, too. Thank God for that.

A line of blips shows up under Beasts, however, apparently there's some life in the Ocean. You observe more carefully. Apparently, the water is absolutely infested with Starving Amphibious Sharks.

Wait. What?


> Climb the closest mountain and yodel.

The nearest mountains are outside of Sen'Jin, but you find a Large Boulder, clamber up on top of it, puff out your chest and release a hearty:

High on a hill was a lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Loud was the voice of the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Folks in a town that was quite remote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Lusty and clear from the goatherd's throat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay
O ho lay dee odl lee o, lay dee odl lee o lay

A prince on the bridge of a castle moat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Men on a road with a load to tote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Men in the midst of a table d'hote heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
Men drinking beer with the foam afloat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

One little girl in a pale pink coat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
She yodeled back to the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Soon her Mama with a gleaming gloat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo
What a duet for a girl and goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Ummm (ummm) . . .
Odl lay ee (odl lay ee)
Odl lay hee hee (odl lay hee hee)
Odl lay ee . . .
. . . yodeling . . .

One little girl in a pale pink coat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hoo hoo
She yodeled back to the lonely goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Soon her Mama with a gleaming gloat heard
Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hmm hmm
What a duet for a girl and goatherd
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Happy are they lay dee olay dee lee o . . .
. . . yodeling . . .
Soon the duet will become a trio
Lay ee odl lay ee odl-oo

Odl lay ee, old lay ee
Odl lay hee hee, odl lay ee
Odl lay odl lay, odl lay odl
lee, odl lay odl lee
Odl lay odl lay odl lay

HOO!


Scratchfever has never been this embarrassed in his entire life.
He attempts to whistle nonchalantly and picks through rancid fish, pretending he has no idea who you are.

(Scratchfever has lost 2 levels of loyalty!
Scratchfever is now your Undaunted Swain)



> Strike a pose with your Arcanite Ripper, because *!*! just got real!

With your Ripper in one hand and your Rifle over your shoulder, you suddenly drop and spin and flex into the single most awesome pose that has ever been.

It is too damn bad you can't see this because my god, man, there aren't even enough descriptors in the universe to describe how amazingly badass you look right now.

Scratchfever, caught in the blast wave of your sudden Supernova of Awesome, can only stare on in dumbstruck awe.

He forgives you for the yodeling on the spot.

(Scratchfever has gained 4 levels of Loyalty!
Scratchfever is now the Chico to your Groucho!)



> /target Scratchfever
/lick


You lick your cat.

You're not entirely sure why you've done this, but you grab him by the haunches, lift up his back end and give him a good old lick across the spine.

You then spend several moments retching hair, dirt, blood, bits of rancid fish, Dark Alien Ichors and everything else your cat's been rolling around in since you got here.

Scratchfever stares at you.

He didn't know you rolled that way.


> Spell your name in urine

It's been an awfully long time since you've had anything to drink, and most of the waste – solid and liquid – has already been voided from your body out of sheer terror.

You manage to get your initials out, TN.

Scratchfever, on the other hand, spells out his full name in elaborate cursive and smiles expectantly at you.

fucking cat.

--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Discipline Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.