spc
Search similar:

uniqs

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

Sort of Good News

The good news in all this is the uncertainty is keeping the firms in question from taking any actions that could be construed as anti-consumer. There may not be any laws in place but I suspect the ISP's are fearful of doing anything that could cause the government to wakeup again and force them to shell out even more money to their lobbyists. We are basically in a eternal holding pattern where neither side can really make a move.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

SimbaSeven

Um..

Which ISP's are you talking about? There's alot of them and a good chunk of them don't have lobbyists.

Jim Kirk
Premium Member
join:2005-12-09

Jim Kirk

Premium Member

said by SimbaSeven:

Um..

Which ISP's are you talking about? There's alot of them and a good chunk of them don't have lobbyists.
Cable and telcos of course.
sonicmerlin
join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH

sonicmerlin to n2jtx

to n2jtx
said by n2jtx:

The good news in all this is the uncertainty is keeping the firms in question from taking any actions that could be construed as anti-consumer. There may not be any laws in place but I suspect the ISP's are fearful of doing anything that could cause the government to wakeup again and force them to shell out even more money to their lobbyists. We are basically in a eternal holding pattern where neither side can really make a move.
Until we get a Republican FCC. Now you see the problem with this situation, yes?