TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to vermithrax

Premium Member

to vermithrax

Re: My TekSavvy Experience

Rogers provides us with a list of modem that their network will support. From there we go out and buy a bunch of them and send them batches of MAC addresses. Rogers takes those and maps them into their DHCP servers to point to the path setup from the POI to our interconnection with Rogers at 151 Front. If a customer has their own modem we have to get the MAC off of it and send it over to Rogers to they can add it to their DHCP servers so that they can get routed to our network.

In this case, we're not sure what's going on. It's been a mash up between unsupported modem, MAC not being registered with DHCP and the evil thought that he is actually located in Mississauga and so he may in fact be homed to a POI that we don't have lit up yet.

From TekSavvy's end, I can tell you that I've been following it and had a number of people on our end push it forward and so now we've eliminated all possibilities other then him being homed to another POI. So now if it doesn't work today, he'll have to decide if he wants to wait a bit until Mississauga POI is turned up (which was supposed to be this past Monday) or just cancel and move on... either way, I'm with him that it's frustrating. I've done everything we can do on our side at this point.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

we also provide them with IPs that they provision in their DHCP servers... that gets sent in the config I'm sure.. but we con't control any of the config. that's all stuff that's managed on rogers end.