Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

2 recommendations

justin

Mod

Unfair.

Usually once you get a dynamic IP address it sticks around for a while. Are you saying that with verizon wireless the IP address changes constantly?

Secondly, I think this might actually be an issue for Blizzard to deal with. If they want to add security for changing IP Addresses, they should allow the player (who is paying a monthly fee, after all) to either disable the feature or loosen it so that IPs that stay within the same DNS name are not triggering the problem

It is unfair of you to paste every aspect of their service with a 0% rating when you have a unique and particular problem that is (to be realistic) created by Blizzard.

iLive4Fusion
Premium Member
join:2006-07-13

iLive4Fusion

Premium Member

said by justin:

Usually once you get a dynamic IP address it sticks around for a while. Are you saying that with verizon wireless the IP address changes constantly?

Secondly, I think this might actually be an issue for Blizzard to deal with. If they want to add security for changing IP Addresses, they should allow the player (who is paying a monthly fee, after all) to either disable the feature or loosen it so that IPs that stay within the same DNS name are not triggering the problem

It is unfair of you to paste every aspect of their service with a 0% rating when you have a unique and particular problem that is (to be realistic) created by Blizzard.

I agree with you 100%, to be fair, my Verizon Wireless as well as my AT&T broadband connect card's typically get reassigned new ip addresses every time I connect again.

But this review is very unfair because Verizon Wireless BBA service is designed and intended to provide mobile user's with web and email data experience. No where in their contract do they guarantee this will work with any online gaming. In fact I think they do have a clause saying that it may or may not work will online gaming namely due to latency but reasons like this.

Verizon in this case has fulfilled their responsibilities in providing a reliable connection to the web, from there it's the hosting server's webmaster's responsibilities to allow connections. This is 100% a WOW problem and not VZW and can happen with ANY connection it seem's like.

warwick
join:2009-06-05
Hollywood, FL

warwick to justin

to justin
Further proof that WoW users are irrational and out of sync with reality.

+1