spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Denun
join:2010-11-18
140-894

Denun

[Newsgroups] who knows a list of uncensored dmca usenet provider

my provider is newshosting but lately almost everything past 1 week become un-downloadable. Missing parts or entire posts are becoming more common everyday, especially regarding console and games nzb's.

reading around i think the reason is because the new dmca rules in US, but living outside US, can i find those content in other usenet providers?
i don't know in asia or in europe, or still exist someone in US that don't censor the contents?

thx a lot for your help.

Note:
consider also that for people working and living in other countries, like me, this one could be the only method to watch and play content that are not in korean or chinese languages

Stem Bolt
Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Premium Member
join:2002-11-08
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

Re: [Newsgroups] who knows a list of uncensored dmca usenet prov

said by Denun:

my provider is newshosting but lately almost everything past 1 week become un-downloadable. Missing parts or entire posts are becoming more common everyday, especially regarding console and games nzb's.

reading around i think the reason is because the new dmca rules in US, but living outside US, can i find those content in other usenet providers?
i don't know in asia or in europe, or still exist someone in US that don't censor the contents?

thx a lot for your help.

Note:
consider also that for people working and living in other countries, like me, this one could be the only method to watch and play content that are not in korean or chinese languages

Usenetnow.net to my knowledge doesn't have issues with DMCA take downs. I haven't encounter any such issue in the 2 years I've been using their servers (via Blocknews.net) They have servers in the States and Europe. They have 800+ days retention and SSL.

They offer a 1 week unlimited subscription for $5.29. You could use this to try the service to see if you like it. It's non renewing. So, after the week, you won't be automatically charged again.

»www.usenetnow.net

Any Highwinds and Giganews usenet resellers will have issues with DMCA notices. Newshosting is a Highwinds reseller.

Dutch usenet providers don't have an issue with DMCA because they are out of reach of the American legal system.

The one I'm familiar with is "Hitnews". They have 364 days retention and SSL. Their retention is growing.

»www.hitnews.eu/index_en.php
Denun
140-894

Denun

thx, i was trying hitnews.eu and in fact they don't suffer of this problem, however from my location (korea) it's very slow, i can reach at maximum 1.8 MB

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

1 edit

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by Denun:

thx, i was trying hitnews.eu and in fact they don't suffer of this problem, however from my location (korea) it's very slow, i can reach at maximum 1.8 MB

Another Dutch usenet reseller. "TucanNews"

Reseller is located in Costa Rica.

»www.tucannews.com/

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Denun

Premium Member

to Denun
What providers are removing stuff? I use Astraweb and never had an issue getting anything.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by TOPDAWG:

What providers are removing stuff? I use Astraweb and never had an issue getting anything.

Highwinds and Giganews are removing content because of DMCA take down requests.
vasta
join:2003-04-07
Orlando, FL

vasta to Denun

to Denun
Click for full size
Using Newshosting here, when I asked them about this months ago they totally avoided my question like the plague

The only good thing is the stuff isn't removed right away so if its like a weekly TV show you download that night its fine but if its like a week old every file will be damaged and something I'm noticing now is that the .par2 file is totally removed from their servers so it doesn't download...not sure if that even matters since there probably wouldn't be enough pars to repair stuff

Just tested an 11 day old popular show on HBO and you can see every file is capitalized which means it is damaged...

So far I've only noticed HBO related shows being removed like this

Kind of sucks because sometimes I just forget to record shows on HBO so rather then watching them OnDemand I just download them, I still pay for HBO...oh well
Denun
140-894

Denun

honestly they answered me in no time, and i understood between the lines that this is the current and future situation and they can't do nothing about it.

newshosting gave me a great service for years, but now i need at least another provider to compensate (to fill) the part deleted from their servers
Denun

Denun to TOPDAWG

to TOPDAWG
are you sure?
can you try to downloads some old xbox or ps3 files?
vasta
Orlando, FL

vasta

PM me a few titles that you had problems with...I'm not sure which to try to download
unoriginal
Premium Member
join:2000-07-12
San Diego, CA

1 edit

unoriginal to Denun

Premium Member

to Denun
Well the DMCA certainly isn't new by any means, its been around for a few years.

But there are a few main providers of usenet that I can think of:
Giganews
Astraweb
Readnews
Highwinds
Xsnews

The only one that I know for sure is entirely out of the US is Xsnews. They only have a server farm in the EU. All the others have service in the US and EU and would be subject to DMCA takedown requests.

Edit to add: I forgot about Hitnews: »www.hitnews.eu/index_en.php

They are also an EU only operation as well.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt to Denun

Premium Member

to Denun
said by Denun:

but now i need at least another provider to compensate (to fill) the part deleted from their servers

Perhaps your looking for a prepaid usenet block account to use to download the deleted content. A block account to use WITH your Newshosting account. A block account doesn't expire and will last until you use up the prepaid usenet blocks.

You could set up the block account as a back up server in your usenet client software and it will automatically download the missing parts from your block account when it's needed.

I use and can recommend "Blocknews.net", same people who operated Usenetnow.net. They don't seem to have a problem with DMCA take downs.

»www.blocknews.net
Stem Bolt

Stem Bolt to unoriginal

Premium Member

to unoriginal
said by unoriginal:

The only one that I know for sure is entirely out of the US is Xsnews. They only have a server farm in the EU. All the others have service in the US and EU and would be subject to DMCA takedown requests.

True. Any provider/reseller located in the U.S. is vulnerable to DMCA. But at this time "Readnews" hasn't been a target of DMCA take downs. That could change at any moment. Readnews is relatively tiny compared to the likes of GigaNews and Highwinds. Those two are like a magnet to DMCA.

From what I've heard Astraweb hasn't been hit with DMCA. But I hesitate to recommend them because they have been having technical problems lately. Many users have been complaining of connection and speed issues.

Not ALL Astraweb users but a large number are reporting these issues. Plus last December they had a problem with incompletes that ranged for several weeks of their retention.

There may come a time when everyone will need to use a Dutch usenet provider to download DMCA protected content. I'm not looking forward to that.
vasta
Orlando, FL

vasta

Would it be wrong to start a list of companies?

HBO
Rockstar Games

nfx
The Wire
Premium Member
join:2001-05-21
Vancouver, BC

nfx to Denun

Premium Member

to Denun
I wonder, is Blocknews affected by this? What about their sister provider?

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by nfx:

I wonder, is Blocknews affected by this? What about their sister provider?

No, they are not. At least not yet. Highwinds and Giganews seem to be the targets of DMCA. Blocknews and Usenetnow (same servers) resell "Readnews" usenet service and they haven't been targeted by DMCA as of yet. Not that I can tell in the 2 years I've been using them. "Readnews" is a small provider compared to Highwinds and Giganews. Hopefully too small to notice by the DMCA guys.
bluedyedvd
join:2007-04-15
Overland Park, KS

bluedyedvd to vasta

to vasta
said by vasta:

Using Newshosting here, when I asked them about this months ago they totally avoided my question like the plague

The only good thing is the stuff isn't removed right away so if its like a weekly TV show you download that night its fine but if its like a week old every file will be damaged and something I'm noticing now is that the .par2 file is totally removed from their servers so it doesn't download...not sure if that even matters since there probably wouldn't be enough pars to repair stuff

Just tested an 11 day old popular show on HBO and you can see every file is capitalized which means it is damaged...

Kind of sucks because sometimes I just forget to record shows on HBO so rather then watching them OnDemand I just download them, I still pay for HBO...oh well

Is this really that big of an issue really sure a provider might get a dmca request from time to time but so what it's almost immediately reuploaded. Rightnow I have astraweb but last summer I was running into COMPLETION issues so I switched to giganews. I would see all these threads about dmca requests and hbo an showtime content on giganews so I did a mass search of there content and downloaded every nzb I could find never had a issue with any with one exception. I was looking for a copy of the dark knight and came across 403 msg I tried like 20 different nzbs all around the same time. the dates were when the movie leaked early but does anyone have a problem downloading it now.

As for the issue of them completely removing the par2 file why would they do that and leave pieces of the article on the server it would just take up space are you sure your dl even had par files?

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by bluedyedvd:

said by vasta:

Is this really that big of an issue really sure a provider might get a dmca request from time to time but so what it's almost immediately reuploaded. I would see all these threads about dmca requests and hbo an showtime content on giganews so I did a mass search of there content and downloaded every nzb I could find never had a issue with any with one exception. I was looking for a copy of the dark knight and came across 403 msg I tried like 20 different nzbs all around the same time. the dates were when the movie leaked early but does anyone have a problem downloading it now.

No guarantee that the content is going to be reposted in a timely fashion. Even when reposted, why should any have to wait until some else gets around to posting it again because of DMCA?

Why are people paying those premium prices for Giganews when they can't count on being able download the content they want, when they want, anytime they want within the retention period?

The DMCA take downs are happening with Giganews. Giganews users are reporting that some targeted content is being taken down within a few days.

I don't know what kind of mass search you did or when you did it but at this time, DMCA take downs are being noticed by a number of Giganews users.

Your fortunate not to have been affected by DMCA take downs yet but others haven't been so lucky. Just because it's not happening to you doesn't mean it's not happening to any one else. Others are reporting being affected and inconvenienced by it.
vasta
Orlando, FL

vasta

Newshosting must have a thing about this and not being able to tell people:

"....This ticket will be rejected and will not respond any further."

All I asked was are HBO and Rockstar the only ones?

To me this does suck but its not a big deal, I've only noticed this happening with HBO, someone asked me to test Rockstar and sure enough same deal...(I own every Rockstar game on Steam so I have no reason to download their games)

Who knows where this will be in a few years...

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by vasta:

Newshosting must have a thing about this and not being able to tell people:

"....This ticket will be rejected and will not respond any further."

All I asked was are HBO and Rockstar the only ones?

To me this does suck but its not a big deal, I've only noticed this happening with HBO, someone asked me to test Rockstar and sure enough same deal...(I own every Rockstar game on Steam so I have no reason to download their games)

Who knows where this will be in a few years...

People are reporting that Xbox360 games are being targeted by DMCA take downs also.
bluedyedvd
join:2007-04-15
Overland Park, KS

bluedyedvd to Stem Bolt

to Stem Bolt
said by Stem Bolt:

said by bluedyedvd:

said by vasta:

The only good thing is the stuff isn't removed right away so if its like a weekly TV show you download that night its fine but if its like a week old every file will be damaged and something I'm noticing now is that the .par2 file is totally removed from their ;servers so it doesn't download...not sure if that even matters since there probably wouldn't be enough pars to repair stuff

Is this really that big of an issue really sure a provider might get a dmca request from time to time but so what it's almost immediately reuploaded. I would see all these threads about dmca requests and hbo an showtime content on giganews so I did a mass search of there content and downloaded every nzb I could find never had a issue with any with one exception. I was looking for a copy of the dark knight and came across 403 msg I tried like 20 different nzbs all around the same time. the dates were when the movie leaked early but does anyone have a problem downloading it now.

No guarantee that the content is going to be reposted in a timely fashion. Even when reposted, why should any have to wait until some else gets around to posting it again because of DMCA?

Why are people paying those premium prices for Giganews when they can't count on being able download the content they want, when they want, anytime they want within the retention period?

The DMCA take downs are happening with Giganews. Giganews users are reporting that some targeted content is being taken down within a few days.

I don't know what kind of mass search you did or when you did it but at this time, DMCA take downs are being noticed by a number of Giganews users.

Your fortunate not to have been affected by DMCA take downs yet but others haven't been so lucky. Just because it's not happening to you doesn't mean it's not happening to any one else. Others are reporting being affected and inconvenienced by it.
[/BQUOTE

I never said it wasn't happening I said its not that big of a deal
what percentage of content on usenet do you think is affected by dmca I would say nowhere near even 1 percent it's much better than cyberlockers and torrent sites not including tpb. Whats going to kill giganews is not the dmca it's the price.
90115534 (banned)
Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned) to Stem Bolt

to Stem Bolt
said by Stem Bolt:

said by unoriginal:

True. Any provider/reseller located in the U.S. is vulnerable to DMCA. But at this time "Readnews" hasn't been a target of DMCA take downs. That could change at any moment. Readnews is relatively tiny compared to the likes of GigaNews and Highwinds. Those two are like a magnet to DMCA.

From what I've heard Astraweb hasn't been hit with DMCA. But I hesitate to recommend them because they have been having technical problems lately. Many users have been complaining of connection and speed issues.

Not ALL Astraweb users but a large number are reporting these issues. Plus last December they had a problem with incompletes that ranged for several weeks of their retention.

There may come a time when everyone will need to use a Dutch usenet provider to download DMCA protected content. I'm not looking forward to that.

Why are you not looking forward to that? I am. Looking into using a overseas newsgroup provider currently anyway! Best of both worlds if you ask me. I don't have a problem using a Dutch, French, German, Russian, or whatever other country newsgroup provider.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by 90115534:

said by Stem Bolt:

said by unoriginal:

Why are you not looking forward to that? I am. Looking into using a overseas newsgroup provider currently anyway! Best of both worlds if you ask me. I don't have a problem using a Dutch, French, German, Russian, or whatever other country newsgroup provider.

Why would anyone look forward to it?

I'm not looking forward to it because competition between usenet providers means better/more choices for the end user. Just look at what has happened in the last 3 years with usenet. Astraweb broke ground with $11 prices and retention increases. Which made their competition increase their retention and drop their prices. The result, cheap usenet and incredible retention for everyone.

If at some point in the future the Dutch providers become the only ones the can provide the means to download content unrestricted, then they can charge prices as they see fit with far less competition that would keep prices down. Or force providers to maintain quality and reliability at the risk of losing customers to the competition.

The Dutch providers can't maintain servers inside the U.S. without being subject to DMCA, so you would only be able to download from overseas servers. Which could lead to possible speed and performance issues at some point if you live in North America. The retention of Dutch providers is far behind compared those located in the States.

Have you come across any Dutch providers that can match price and retention of those providers in the States?

I still don't understand why you say your looking forward to it.
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

said by Stem Bolt:

Why would anyone look forward to it?

I'm not looking forward to it because competition between usenet providers means better/more choices for the end user. Just look at what has happened in the last 3 years with usenet. Astraweb broke ground with $11 prices and retention increases. Which made their competition increase their retention and drop their prices. The result, cheap usenet and incredible retention for everyone.

If at some point in the future the Dutch providers become the only ones the can provide the means to download content unrestricted, then they can charge prices as they see fit with far less competition that would keep prices down. Or force providers to maintain quality and reliability at the risk of losing customers to the competition.

The Dutch providers can't maintain servers inside the U.S. without being subject to DMCA, so you would only be able to download from overseas servers. Which could lead to possible speed and performance issues at some point if you live in North America. The retention of Dutch providers is far behind compared those located in the States.

Have you come across any Dutch providers that can match price and retention of those providers in the States?

I still don't understand why you say your looking forward to it.

Well I used the European servers from providers and they seem to be the same speedwise.

I even used some of those dutch providers before and they are fine speedwise as well. One of them is even going to 1000 days retention, yes I know they still have a long way to go and only at like 300 or 400 something days now.

I am looking forward to it because DMCA requests can't touch it! There is beauty in that! All the people on here that are from the DMCA reading this thread right now, if there is one even, I can go haha to. Not that it matters. There is a few ways around DMCA requests on US based or have US newsgroup servers though. There a little bit a pain in the butt though but it works! I tried it.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by 90115534:

yes I know they still have a long way to go and only at like 300 or 400 something days now.

I am looking forward to it because DMCA requests can't touch it! There is beauty in that!

I found it odd. I still don't understand why you would be looking forward to it.

I can understand liking the fact that DMCA is useless against the Dutch providers but actually looking forward to a time when DMCA effectively cripples usenet providers in the States is a mystery to me.
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

said by Stem Bolt:

said by 90115534:

yes I know they still have a long way to go and only at like 300 or 400 something days now.

I am looking forward to it because DMCA requests can't touch it! There is beauty in that!

I found it odd. I still don't understand why you would be looking forward to it.

I can understand liking the fact that DMCA is useless against the Dutch providers but actually looking forward to a time when DMCA effectively cripples usenet providers in the States is a mystery to me.

Well the last part I don't want to happen but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

We all know a good thing can't last forever.

Like I said though DMCA requests can try to take down posts but it doesn't matter. There a way around all the DMCA requests if your smart. Yes by using your same newsgroup provider that has all the DMCA requests to begin with even. Doesn't matter if it is in the US or not. Still as way around it. Used it before works every time.

Stem Bolt
Premium Member
Metropolis

Stem Bolt

Premium Member

said by 90115534:

said by Stem Bolt:

said by 90115534:

Well the last part I don't want to happen but it was bound to happen sooner or later.

We all know a good thing can't last forever.

Like I said though DMCA requests can try to take down posts but it doesn't matter. There a way around all the DMCA requests if your smart. Yes by using your same newsgroup provider that has all the DMCA requests to begin with even. Doesn't matter if it is in the US or not. Still as way around it. Used it before works every time.

Please share this secret you have of getting content that's been removed because of DMCA request.
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

said by Stem Bolt:

Please share this secret you have of getting content that's been removed because of DMCA request.

Your not going to like it but here goes.

Sure it is quite simple really and common knowledge I am sure. It is after all common sense. Just look for the content you want through newsgroup headers instead. One that was not a nzb file. Remember nzb indexing sites don't catch all releases of the same content. So it looks like people posting many different copies of the same content is turning out to be the silver lining of all of this! This works 99% of the time for me. What DMCA requester in their right mind is going to go through all Usenet headers to make sure they get every post of their content gets deleted ? Thank god for old school newsgroup methods to the rescue! Hopefully no DMCA take down requesters read this forum lol.

The bad side to nzb indexing sites is all a DMCA requester has to do to make their job easier is sign up to one and report all the nzb files they see that their company wants them to take down. Really sucks but hey it goes with the territory.
vasta
Orlando, FL

vasta

Testing how long it takes, 2 days on and the files are still able to be downloaded just fine, guess I'll download a file or 2 everyday till they become totally damaged, I know it is close to 11 days though
90115534 (banned)
Kenner, LA

90115534 (banned)

said by vasta:

Testing how long it takes, 2 days on and the files are still able to be downloaded just fine, guess I'll download a file or 2 everyday till they become totally damaged, I know it is close to 11 days though

Ok. As long as the files your downloading have not been created as a nzb file on one of the most known nzb indexing websites they should be fine. Otherwise there is no guarantee. Depends on what the content is too but that is a given.