All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
10825447 (banned)
join:2001-02-26
Tempe, AZ

10825447 (banned) to mr_slick

to mr_slick

Re: [Rant] Wells Fargo Bank.. Seriously? WTF?

said by mr_slick:

next time withdraw cash and deposit the cash into his account

Oh I will. I would have done it this time had the bank informed me that it would take them a day to process a cashiers check.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

The bank's funds availability policy is posted in clear view of the teller line at all branches of WFB by policy. This is the case in the PNW and I suspect across the footprint.
10825447 (banned)
join:2001-02-26
Tempe, AZ

10825447 (banned)

said by drew:

The bank's funds availability policy is posted in clear view of the teller line at all branches of WFB by policy. This is the case in the PNW and I suspect across the footprint.

I just find it odd that they would fail to inform me of this policy when they knew from the get go he needed the cash right away.

Continuing this conversation is pointless. You have a great day.
Spensergig
Past my Prime
MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

Spensergig to 10825447

MVM

to 10825447
said by 10825447:

said by mr_slick:

next time withdraw cash and deposit the cash into his account

Oh I will. I would have done it this time had the bank informed me that it would take them a day to process a cashiers check.

I'm not sure that even that approach would have worked.

I deposited $8000, in cash, at a BoA branch on a Friday afternoon.
The deposit showed as "pending" until monday night.
And I have an EXCELLENT relationship with BoA. It bugged me a little.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

It's a matter of processing. Depending on the BoA branch and the time of the day, it could've easily been rolled over to Monday's processing date. Now, if the funds were pending but *not available* (cash) there's a problem.
Spensergig
Past my Prime
MVM
join:2000-03-26
Bradenton, FL

Spensergig

MVM

I'd have to say the funds were "unavailable" - only $100 was shown available in my balance.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Then BoA really does suck ass (like I've long believed), but they weren't breaking Reg CC.

For reference: »www.federalreserve.gov/p ··· determin

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to 10825447

Premium Member

to 10825447
said by 10825447:

said by drew:

I just find it odd that they would fail to inform me of this policy when they knew from the get go he needed the cash right away.

They wanted the one business days worth of interest on the money.
-
now with the financial reforms and their cash cows disallowed banks are getting creative ways of getting money.