spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wasvznowftr
join:2010-07-13

wasvznowftr

Call me a shill but...

The reality on the ground is this:

FiOS is NOT going away where it is deployed. If anything, I believe you may actually see an expansion to some degree. In a recent meeting with the VP of Engineering for the West Coast, I heard it from the man's mouth, that he would rather push more fiber and spend the money on FiOS upgrades than bring and let the DSL go where EXISTING FiOS is available.

Where FiOS was available, Verizon by and large would not sell DSL.

Frontier figures that there shouldn't be a reason to have to sell a minimum 15/5 FiOS service for $50/month (along with the significant associated installation costs of a fiber drop, ont, etc) when someone is - like it or not - perfectly happy spending $30 on a 3 Mbps DSL on copper that is already in place.

Frontier has also created a 5 and 7 Mbps FiOS Lite tier.

linwood
@verizon.net

linwood

Anon

Re: Call me a shill but...

well it may be what is right and what the vp wants, but if this crazy b*tch ceo is running the show, this may not be true.

frontier is however obligated to fulfill franchise agreements that verizon came to with various towns and cities.
said by wasvznowftr:

The reality on the ground is this:

FiOS is NOT going away where it is deployed. If anything, I believe you may actually see an expansion to some degree. In a recent meeting with the VP of Engineering for the West Coast, I heard it from the man's mouth, that he would rather push more fiber and spend the money on FiOS upgrades than bring and let the DSL go where EXISTING FiOS is available.

Where FiOS was available, Verizon by and large would not sell DSL.

Frontier figures that there shouldn't be a reason to have to sell a minimum 15/5 FiOS service for $50/month (along with the significant associated installation costs of a fiber drop, ont, etc) when someone is - like it or not - perfectly happy spending $30 on a 3 Mbps DSL on copper that is already in place.

Frontier has also created a 5 and 7 Mbps FiOS Lite tier.

elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by linwood :

well it may be what is right and what the vp wants, but if this crazy b*tch ceo is running the show, this may not be true.

frontier is however obligated to fulfill franchise agreements that verizon came to with various towns and cities.

While it sounds like Frontier hasn't changed much, and might as well have Carly Fiorina at the helm (or broom), they aren't obligated by franchise to provide Fiber-optic services.

Like it or not, DSL is a relevant and cost-effective technology which WILL be the main and very desired option in many parts of the country for the next decade.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

There is more to FiOS than just internet. FiOS is also TV. Good luck providing the TV service with aging low quality utp copper.