Baby Newfoundland
Premium Member
join:2003-11-30
Minden, NV

2 edits

macsierra8 to TigerNutz

Premium Member

to TigerNutz

Re: Reasonably price home video security system??

A thread we did a while back..

»Set me up a surveillance system

Now that we're in a trade war with China these prices are not going to last. I've used 2 of these China E-Bay PTZ cameras for over a year with absolutely zero problems. Shipping is only about a week air and standard is 2 weeks.

»cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP ··· 14wt_908

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium Member
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR
·Comcast XFINITY

TigerNutz

Premium Member

said by macsierra8:

Now that we're in a trade war with China these prices are not going to last. I've used 2 of these China E-Bay PTZ cameras for over a year with absolutely zero problems. Shipping is only about a week air and standard is 2 weeks.

Yeah I looked at that thread but some of the links were dead.

macsierra8
Baby Newfoundland
Premium Member
Minden, NV

macsierra8

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by TigerNutz:

said by macsierra8:

Yeah I looked at that thread but some of the links were dead.

That Costco link Dennis put up is a great deal. I've used that Q-See 8 channel DVR for almost 2 years with no problems. Now I need a 16 channel because I've added cameras.

Those links in the old thread were banned by DSLReports for some reason. Here they are above as attachments, both from the China PTZ cameras in the E-Bay link earlier

More pictures of a coyote crapping in my driveway in the middle of the night while I was asleep. My dog pointed the pile out the next day so I searched the DVR hard drive and found the sequence. The picture was taken in zero light (rough no color) but the IR light on our porch lights it up like daytime with shadows behind the coyote.

The others are in the snow & rain of the house across the street with the China PTZ's. One at 5x zoom and the other at 27x (same camera zoomed) showing the number on the garage. I just snapped these looking at my Q-See DVR monitor with the digital 3 mp.

TigerNutz
Laissez les bons temps rouler
Premium Member
join:2000-12-23
Little Rock, AR

TigerNutz

Premium Member

Oh the cam needs to be IP network.
I want to be able to view remotely.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis to macsierra8

Mod

to macsierra8
said by macsierra8:

Now I need a 16 channel because I've added cameras.

sell me yours cheap

oh and the link I posted has an RJ-45 port....I think it uses an IE plugin (activex probably) so you can remote view (plus via some iphone apps). My current Qsee one doesn't have internet and boy do I miss it. Although I just backfeed via channel 3 to the existing coax.

macsierra8
Baby Newfoundland
Premium Member
Minden, NV

macsierra8 to TigerNutz

Premium Member

to TigerNutz
said by TigerNutz:

Oh the cam needs to be IP network.
I want to be able to view remotely.

The Q-See DVR will do that. I use Windows 7 on my Mac and works real well through a router.

The recent H264 compression format will put a bunch of video data on a 500 GB drive. I'd guess with the 8 cameras on mine, 2 weeks 24/7 or more.
macsierra8

macsierra8 to Dennis

Premium Member

to Dennis
said by Dennis:

said by macsierra8:

Now I need a 16 channel because I've added cameras.

sell me yours cheap

Costco has the 4 cameras on the same page listed separately for $199. The means the DVR is selling for only $100?

On second look I have the QSTD 2408 in this link;

»www.amazon.com/Q-See-QST ··· 01HU4AYE