3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

Last Post is your own

I won't say it's a bug, but it is an inconsistency (over the past few days):

When you make a post, then return to your postlist, you see the blue arrow for that post [in Last Post]; until recently that link would always take me to a blank topic--very consistent. Starting a few days ago, more often than not, the link would take me to the post--rather surprising actually. Now, it's mostly blank again, though sometimes I'm taken to the post; I like it better when it goes to the actual post (not that it matters, but it is the newest post after all). Also, sometimes no blue arrow shows up after making a post; and sometimes my member name doesn't show up there either--which is the strangest occurrence (no name there, just blank). (Usually I don't even follow that link, but I've been in "beta-tester mode" this week. )

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

It has been inconsistent for years, mainly because it used app server time and fudged by adding a few seconds.

I changed it to use sql sever time, and tested with quick reply and also inline reply. It appears to work consistently now, showing no blue arrow for my own replies.

Although, if you have fortunes on, and add a reply, then don't view the topic after the reply, perhaps you get a blue arrow (and will see your own post).

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl

Premium Member

Fortunes pref is turned off (always), so that shouldn't affect me. For now, I'll just return to my former habit: ignoring Last Post if it shows me there. (I guess timing is everything. )

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin

Mod

I don't think it will show you that anymore (a blue arrow pointing at your name) but we'll see.