uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
join:2000-11-03
Middle River, MD
kudos:11

Skins game

Didn't see it, Baltimore is a different country, millions of inches away, did see the Ravens though. Not real happy with what I'm seeing of their D-coordinator's play calling, despite the 2 int/td at the end, that was against StPierre not a quality QB.

Anyway, got a question on the Skins.
Read the Sun, and article talked about injuries to O-line and how it did well patchworked together.
What caught my attention was Stephon Heyer had to play guard.
Those of you who have followed my postings here across the years know that I like the ex-Terp and what he has been able to do as an undrafted FA. I also didn't think he was or could be a great tackle, but thought he could make a better than average guard.
The one chance I get to see it, and it ain't on the air up here!
Anyone see anything? Can anyone tell me anything about how he did? Sun had no details.
--
Was a Cruise Fanatic, one cruise on Princess cured me. Bleah

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
kudos:2

1 recommendation

quote:
" A tackle (Stephon Heyer) who had never played guard in his life, made the switch to an unknown position in mid-game and helped the Redskins rush for 107 yards and protect McNabb as well or better than they have all season.

"Wow, man, did you see Big Mike [Shanahan] come over and shake Stephon Heyer's hand," cackled McNabb.

"I think he shook all the offensive linemen's hands," said the modest Heyer."
From Boswell's column in the Post today and another mention below.

»voices.washingtonpost.com/redski···ing.html

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

TY, I only get the Post on Sunday mornings on my way to church, the Royal Farms on the way carries it.

Great to hear about the praise and the handshake and all.

Yep, he is tall for a guard (6-6) Grimm was "only" 6-3, but he can be the same kind of running game road-grader... probably not though, tackles are harder to find, I'm just pleased as anything he showed he could do it even with no practice at it.
--

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

said by Rxdoxx:

TY, I only get the Post on Sunday mornings on my way to church, the Royal Farms on the way carries it.

Have you heard of this new thing called the Internet? You don't have to wait for Sundays anymore.
--
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

Rxdoxx
Premium,Ex-Mod 2002-13
Middle River, MD

said by DC DSL:

Have you heard of this new thing called the Internet? You don't have to wait for Sundays anymore.

Innernet? whats dat?

Your answer implies that I know what I will find ahead of time

I get the Post because I really like the crossword in the magazine section, and if truth be told, I like reading Prince Valiant which the podunk rag up here doesn't see any need to carry. Online just ain't the same feel...
--