spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cdbma
join:2003-01-19
Bolton, MA

cdbma

same old, same old

And how is this any different than ISPs, cell companies and cable providers? They build up a base with aggressive pricing and then stick it to the subscribers. I would assume that they've run the financials on churn and still think they'll be ahead. I'm not quite there with the streaming thing. I need a better computer and I'm not sure how to deal with the audio. I don't want to give up good audio.

I see many of you voting with your wallets. That's how to do it!

wwdubbia
join:2002-06-03
Clinton, NY

wwdubbia

said by cdbma:

And how is this any different than ISPs, cell companies and cable providers? They build up a base with aggressive pricing and then stick it to the subscribers. I would assume that they've run the financials on churn and still think they'll be ahead. I'm not quite there with the streaming thing. I need a better computer and I'm not sure how to deal with the audio. I don't want to give up good audio.

I see many of you voting with your wallets. That's how to do it!

Netflix is a native app on many new Bluray and HD sets; just makes sense to make streaming content available as they get penetration into the living room. Audio will remain as good as the home theater system is.

Uncle Paul
join:2003-02-04
USA

Uncle Paul

The quality of that App varies greatly depending on the product. On my Tivo it's pretty good. On my brand new Sony BD player it's horrific.

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221

Roku is only 79 or 99 and great for this....