Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to jlsjoe

Premium Member

to jlsjoe

Re: gas furnace problem

What type and model is your furnace? It will make a big difference if it is a low efficiency or high efficiency furnace with or without a pilot light.

My first guess wouldn't be a connection. I would more likely lean towards the control circuit problem. Possibly in the heat defective circuit, if it thought the firebox was still hot it would run the fan to cool it and would not allow the furnace to fire again until a certain lower temperature was reached.
jlsjoe
join:2010-11-24
New Ulm, MN

jlsjoe

it is a Lennox m/n G26Q3-75-1, High efficiency rated at 92% efficiency No standing pilot light. Defective heat circuit makes sense. It seems that it will run the main blower much more than a minute. I'll let it run and see what happens and check the fuse also. Any ideas why the LED seemed to quit working just as this problem occured? It was working the first time I started the furnace. Now it does not flash a code or anything, just stays off.

Thanks

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Not that up to speed on the newer furnaces but I remember I had a hot water baseboard boiler that had several high temperature cut outs. One on the hot water to the baseboard heaters and one on the stack before it connected to the chimney. Both of these were manual reset and cut the power to the controls.