Search similar:

uniqs
rljensen3
join:2005-04-11
Placentia, CA

1 edit

rljensen3

Fios In SoCal? (Placentia)

Anyone know or even hear rumors of Fios ever coming here? (92870)

I spoke with a verizon tech and was given the "I don't have that info" response. I also looked on the list of cities hat Fios is available and mine isn't even listed. Been here over a year and still haven't heard a word.

Are there petitions online to get fios in the area?

Any help would be appreciated

Rich J
Placentia, CA
rljensen3 @ hotmail.com

runzero
join:2005-09-16
DC

runzero

Placentia looks like it's an AT&T area, therefore FiOS won't be available. AT&T offers U-verse, but it can't even come close to FiOS or even cable, for that matter.

Petitioning won't do much, especially since Verizon has already announced that they are stopping expansion. The closest area that has FiOS would be a few dozen miles to your west around Long Beach.
rljensen3
join:2005-04-11
Placentia, CA

rljensen3

Thanks @xrn0. I have U-verse Internet. We pay for the higher tier speed. It sucks though. Service drops off often. We've had them out 5 times in a year. It stinks

insider
@sbcglobal.net

insider

Anon

Yep, new CEO, new game plan. You might get an LTE alternative in your area in the future, but I don't imagine it being better than your Uverse.
Bytezboy
join:2001-05-17
New York, NY

Bytezboy to runzero

to runzero
said by runzero:

AT&T offers U-verse, but it can't even come close to FiOS or even cable, for that matter.

Why is that?

runzero
join:2005-09-16
DC

1 edit

runzero

said by Bytezboy:

said by runzero:

AT&T offers U-verse, but it can't even come close to FiOS or even cable, for that matter.

Why is that?

U-verse is an FTTN service (fiber until the last <3000 ft, then copper phone line the rest of the way through), so to fit triple-play into those low-bandwidth lines, they compress the crap out of their HD and limit you to 1-4 streams depending on your line quality and distance. If you're using all of your HD streams and subscribe to one of the faster internet plans, part of your internet bandwidth will be used for TV. It's amazing how some people actually prefer this mediocre crap over cable.

FiOS is FTTH, so there's plenty of bandwidth to spare. U-verse can push out 24/3 only to those closest to the VRAD (fiber terminal), while FiOS has a 150/35 plan available to anyone on GPON.