spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GRiDLoCK74
join:2003-07-12
Los Angeles, CA

GRiDLoCK74

T1 install nightmare

I am a Speakeasy business customer and have ordered a bonded T1 (3 Mbps up and down) line. The line has to be delivered through ATT. My original install date was for Nov 17th. They told me that they would show up between 8am - 5pm. It has now been 6 days. No ATT tech has showed up. I have been coming every single day and waiting for them. They keep telling me the issue has been escalated and someone should show up.

This is ridiculous! I am willing to pay over $600 a month for my T1 and no one wants to install it for me. I have repeatedly called them over and over again and NO ONE wants to help. They will not even put me in touch with their supervisors.

To whom can I reach out to to report this? Piublic Utilities Commission? BBB? Please HELP! Your help would be greatly appreciated.
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine

Premium Member

Reach out to your wallet and take your $$ to someone besides speakeasy?
GRiDLoCK74
Los Angeles, CA

GRiDLoCK74

ATT owns all the lines where I'm located. It will be contracted out to ATT no matter whom I order the T1 line through.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
·Metronet

CylonRed

MVM

ATT has no love for CLECs... It would be a totally different story if you ordered a T1 directly from ATT - then they would get off their asses but when dealing with a CLEC - they can do as they please and the CLEC gets all of the blame - a win\win for ATT.

This does largely depends on how the local ATT offices are run - our in my area of Ohio is fairly good but have heard horror stories in other areas.

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL to GRiDLoCK74

to GRiDLoCK74
Although at&t is the ILEC, and does own the copper, some CLEC's have more power then others. Even ISP's within the same CLEC can have more power then others.

There is no reason Speakeasy, now a Covad/megapath company can not start a fire under at&t, if they are, is the true question.

I'm a huge believer in talking with your money, if you are not happy with the install process, what happens when there is an outage?

As an ISP, there are escalation processes when an order or a trouble ticket goes off track. however if your ISP doesn't push the issue, it just sits in no mans land.

I'm also a believer that the ISP should battle for the customer, and push to get any issue resolved ASAP.
GRiDLoCK74
Los Angeles, CA

GRiDLoCK74

The problem is Speakeasy has my VoIP phone numbers. They will not guarantee QoS with someone else providing the data. Speakeasy wants to charge me roughly $500 a month for the bonded T1. ATT wants to charge me closer to $700. Its crazy that ATT won't match the price of Speakeasy. How is that a CLEC can sell the same service cheaper than the ILEC who is the true provider???

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt
join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

LBDSL

At&t is ONLY providing the copper loops, everything else is provided by speakeasy/Covad.

cat5eeee
@comcast.net

cat5eeee to GRiDLoCK74

Anon

to GRiDLoCK74
Um, no VoIP provider can guarantee QoS outside of their network as they have no way to control the traffic once it leaves their network.

Peter1231
@cox.net

Peter1231 to GRiDLoCK74

Anon

to GRiDLoCK74
Just curious what are you paying for your speaskeasy service? I've got T1 1.5 with around 10 extensions and the bill is approaching the $800 range which is a bit steep IMO.
GRiDLoCK74
Los Angeles, CA

GRiDLoCK74

$780 for the 3Mbps bonded T1 + 7 Lines