Search similar:

uniqs

Prophet_1
join:2002-05-30
GA

1 edit

Prophet_1

Stealing copper

This is just information to all. We are having an issue with people stealing copper in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. See link below. If you see anyone at night on a pole or at the edge of the wood line near our telephone poles at night call police.
thanks
see link below
Stealing copper
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

Someone stealing our cable for copper is wasting their time. After you burn off everything not copper you don't have much left.

Hope your post helps and someone calls.
Hope they get caught soon.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg to Prophet_1

MVM

to Prophet_1
we had someone steal 20 runs of waveguide off on of our towers. it is an old AT&T longline site, the WG was 3 or 4" copper pipe! the runs varied from 250-300 feet and they took it all. luckily they did not touch our feedlines we were using.

Prophet_1
join:2002-05-30
GA

Prophet_1

They have been stealing anywhere between 25 pr to 900 pr. Mostly in the wood line where it is hard to get our bucket trucks in. Also in process they have cut the strand and fiber if its in the run as well. It keeps us busy especially if we are working a road move or a new fiber run and we have to stop what we are doing and find the right cable size and length from other warehouses that we get our cable from. Hopefully they get caught the problem is there is probably more than one group doing this.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM

davidg

MVM

yep, they take anything they can get. if they can sell 20 pounds of copper it is enough for a few rocks.
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

The only real help is from the salvage processors. Many of them have gotten better at turning in the bad guys.

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM

davidg

MVM

around here they now have to cut a check to the sellers, no more instant cash. for large volumes of wire there is a waiting period so they can report it to the cops. i think it is 3 days before they can pay you.
zed2608
Premium Member
join:2007-09-30
Cleveland, TN

zed2608 to Prophet_1

Premium Member

to Prophet_1
more reson why ftth is inevitable just a question of when i dont think ppl steal fiber as much as copper
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

This was the cover story of the latest Business Week.

»www.businessweek.com/mag ··· 3601.htm