uniqs
share rss forum feed

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

[Cataclysm] Argent Dawn rep guide 4.0.3a and Cataclysm

I just wanted to give a heads up to those still looking to do AD rep. Stratholme and Scholomance no longer give AD rep. The AD has been replaced by the Argent Crusade. You can still gain scourgestones, but the turn-in NPC is now gone.

If you are still interested in this, you have one option. There is a quest chain that starts up with Fiona at the border of Eastern and Western Plaguelands as follows:

Gidwin Goldbraids
Just Encased
Greasing the Wheel

Tarenar Sunstrike
What I Do Best
A Gift For Fiona
Onward, to Light's Hope Chapel

Traveling Companions

Rough Roads

The Trek Continues
Boys Will Be Boys
A Boyhood Dream
Argent Call: The Trial of the Crypt
Argent Call: The Noxious Glade

Once this is completed, you then unlock two repeatable quests that give 2000 AD rep each, and can be done multiple times per day from Lord Raymond George (ghost behind the chapel).

Aberrations of Bone: Scholomance
Annals of the Silver Hand: Strat (Live)

Aberations of Bone requires you to just kill Rattlegore in Scholo. Annals of the Silver Hand requires that you loot a book on a table next to Instructor Galford in Strat (Live)

Tip: When going through Fiona's quests, you will reach a point that you can select a buff from the caravan. If you select the "Fiona's Lucky Charm" buff you will receive a chance to get a bag drop from mobs in EPS (unfortunately this goes away in Strat) that has a chance to drop a new pet Mr. Grubbs.

Sources:
»www.wowhead.com/npc=46201
»www.wowhead.com/npc=49856
»www.wowhead.com/quest=28756
»www.wowhead.com/quest=28755
»www.wowhead.com/item=66076#conta ··· -in-item

I did this yesterday and received the achievement for the rep as well as the Argent Crusader title and achievement.

TLDR;
•only 1 way to get AD rep now
•start quest chain with Fiona at border of EPL/WPL
•repeatable quests at Lights hope from Lord Raymond George offers 2k each requiring strat live and scholo runs.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO
That sucks! Glad I got exalted when I did.
--
Whats smells like blue?

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
reply to stvnbrs
Thanks for that info. Do the scourgestones serve any purpose now?
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Don69Fire
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Danville, WV
reply to stvnbrs
ok. i think i missed something. is argent dawn the new rep faction we need to get??? if so. why???

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
argent dawn is the old faction (think classic), argent crusade is the wotlk faction

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Don69Fire
said by Voxxjin:

Thanks for that info. Do the scourgestones serve any purpose now?

Not that I was able to see. I just destroyed mine, though the NPC that gives you the AD trinket to allow for collection is still in the game. It may be that there is a quest chain in WPL that allows for the turn in, but if so, I didn't find it.

said by Don69Fire:

ok. i think i missed something. is argent dawn the new rep faction we need to get??? if so. why???

AD is the old reputation faction from Vanilla. It is part of the Argent Crusader title achievement (AD and AC exalted status).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to stvnbrs
thanks for the info on the quest I had been meaning to rep grind them

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On
kudos:2
reply to stvnbrs
Good thing I finished grinding it just a few weeks ago!