spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rhdcheme
join:2006-11-18
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

[Tomato] tomatousb firmware for E3000

For those frustrated with stock firmware or dd-wrt, tomatousb now has fully working firmware for e3000 with Build 53.

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
join:2003-10-09
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

said by rhdcheme:

For those frustrated with stock firmware or dd-wrt, tomatousb now has fully working firmware for e3000 with Build 53.

Got a link for it?
Ronnie_USA

Ronnie_USA to rhdcheme

Premium Member

to rhdcheme
I found it. »tomatousb.org/
Installed it on my E3000, and it seems to be doing ok.
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Good. It's working well on my unit as well. The stock firmware kept crashing when I streamed video using media server. Tomato's media server works.

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

Good to hear.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal to rhdcheme

MVM

to rhdcheme
Looking at the versions, I'm trying to decided which one I need:

I have the WRT610N v2.
It looks like I have a few choices:

Kernel 2.6 (experimental) for MIPSR2 - "Ext"
Kernel 2.6 (experimental) for MIPSR1 - "Lite", "Ext"

I do use the USB for a Network HDD.

Which would I choose?

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

Looks like it would be the Ext build.
This link might explain what the builds are>> »tomatousb.org/doc:build-types

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

It looks like I'll be loading: Kernel 2.6 (experimental) for MIPSR2 - "Ext" according to the chart.

Thank you!
TX CS Aggie
TX CS Aggie
join:2009-07-22
College Station, TX

TX CS Aggie to Johkal

to Johkal
MIPSR2 is what you need for your WRT610N v2 but i don't know if you will have simultaneous dual-band support when you move to tomato.

I like victeck's tomato mod personal
»victek.is-a-geek.com/tomato.html

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Well then, that would be a concern. I do use both bands.
Does the victek tomato support USB?
TX CS Aggie
TX CS Aggie
College Station, TX

TX CS Aggie

If you have a change lets us know if there is simultaneous dual-band with that tomato version. thx

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

said by TX CS Aggie:

If you have a change lets us know if there is simultaneous dual-band with that tomato version. thx

From the change log page, Support for simultaneous dual-band (dual-radio models) wireless. Currently only 2 dual-radio models are supported, and only by K26 builds: Linksys WRT610Nv2 and Linksys E3000..

»tomatousb.org/changelog

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

The victek version states that it doesn't support simultaneous dual-band, so that one is out for me.
TX CS Aggie
TX CS Aggie
College Station, TX

TX CS Aggie to Ronnie_USA

to Ronnie_USA
thax ronnie missed that

yep Johkal thats why i brought it up

that would be a nice addion to victek's mod ... man that is some nice firmware.

bbrkdub
join:2001-10-03
San Antonio, TX

bbrkdub to Ronnie_USA

to Ronnie_USA
said by Ronnie_USA:

I found it. »tomatousb.org/
Installed it on my E3000, and it seems to be doing ok.

Ditto. Installed TomatoUSB (the "Ext" version) this morning and so far so good.

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
Morehead, KY

1 edit

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

I like the add blocking on tomato better than the dd-wrt version, I don't have to reboot the router for updates.

»www.linksysinfo.org/foru ··· p=369696

Victek
@jazztel.es

Victek

Anon

Hi, updated versions, now supporting simultaneous dual band for WRT610N and E3000, enjoy!

»victek.is-a-geek.com
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Thanks!

taso
@cox.net

taso to Victek

Anon

to Victek
Just picked up an E3000 and was going to install the new Tomato build but I have not seen any information on whether the latest release can be installed directly over the stock firmware.

I am referring to this release:
tomato-E3000USB-1.28.9054MIPSR2-beta-vpn3.6.bin

My other Tomato installs have always been over DD-WRT on WRT54 models, not sure about this one. Any advice?

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

Yes it can, and you can also got back to stock firmware if need bet from the GUI.
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme to taso

to taso
Yes, I have actually tried it both ways (linksys to 9053, 9054 and back) at least a couple of times with no problems.

taso
@cox.net

taso to Ronnie_USA

Anon

to Ronnie_USA
Thanks!

Upgraded from stock: Firmware Version: 1.0.01 to Tomato build 54 as referenced above. I had not modified anything but the IP and SSIDs/security on the router initially so no factory reset prior to upgrade. Used the web gui for the upgrade and all went without incident.

Confirmed both bands operational. A quick and dirty test of the network performance showed lower throughput with Tomato vs stock. The tests were not done with any scientific methods, so I am willing to ignore and view performance later.

Thanks for the info!
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Make sure you do a thorough clear nvram after upgrade, though, in the web gui.
TX CS Aggie
TX CS Aggie
College Station, TX

TX CS Aggie to Victek

to Victek
said by Victek :

Hi, updated versions, now supporting simultaneous dual band for WRT610N and E3000, enjoy!

»victek.is-a-geek.com

that is the coolest news I have heard in a while. I might get a E3000 now

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA to Victek

Premium Member

to Victek
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Victek :

»victek.is-a-geek.com

I thought I would give yours a try, because I was having problems with Tomato USB connection rate dropping from 300Mb to 150Mb, I'm not having that problem with yours. I posted about it on the Tomato USB Forum, but got no help with it. Thank You, think I will stick with your build. Here is a few screen shots.

Victek
@rima-tde.net

Victek

Anon

Hi TX CS Aggie, I saw that the lower band for 300M is out of specs in the graph, please select upper band if you want to stay on channel 5 for 2.4GHz band, it can be the reason why you lost wireless Bandwidth ...
buggs1a8
join:2000-12-24
Seattle, WA

buggs1a8 to rhdcheme

to rhdcheme
Which to download for the linksys e3000?

Does this stream media to xbox360 and ps3 without any issues over wifi?
hows gaming performance?
can it dual 2.4ghz and 5 same time on 2 diff networks one for each?
Can you access usb hard drive from pc and mac easy to drag n drop files for backup etc?

linksys firmware dont work for me so i am taking router back if this doesn't work. streaming video dont work at all on linksys firmware. so i thot to give tomato a try or the vic tech thingy.

how can you install the firmware over wifi or can you? could i connect to linksys via lan or wan and access without cisco software at all initally to do the upgrade to tomato or victech thingy?

Thanks guys.

Victek
@ono.com

Victek

Anon

Which to download for the linksys e3000? »victek.is-a-geek.com

Does this stream media to xbox360 and ps3 without any issues over wifi? Fine
hows gaming performance?[/b] Fine [/b]
can it dual 2.4ghz and 5 same time on 2 diff networks one for each? Yes
Can you access usb hard drive from pc and mac easy to drag n drop files for backup etc? Tested OK in PC, no clue about MAC, try and feedback pls

linksys firmware dont work for me so i am taking router back if this doesn't work. streaming video dont work at all on linksys firmware. so i thot to give tomato a try or the vic tech thingy. Stream by WLAN? WAN?...

how can you install the firmware over wifi or can you? could i connect to linksys via lan or wan and access without cisco software at all initally to do the upgrade to tomato or victech thingy? Always by wired ethernet connection, to access type your router IP in your Internet Browser. You can upgrade directly from linksys firmware upgrade menu and also go back to original Linksys if you don't like it

Thanks guys.
buggs1a8
join:2000-12-24
Seattle, WA

buggs1a8

Thanks.
Streaming media I meant from USB hdd connected to router. Stream to my 360 and ps3.

I took router back to best buy for refund today before I checked the thread here. I used it 15 minutes and since streaming video didn't work, cnet had exact same issue, I disconnected.

Wish tomato worked on my wndr3700. I don't like ddwrt at all.
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme to Victek

to Victek
@Victek:

Do any of your builds have DLNA? If so, which of these should I flash for e3000? Is it 8671 or 8690? Thanks in advance!

Enlaces/Links. Ult.versiĆ³n/Last Rel. Dec.5.2010.K-2.6.22. MIPSR2.
# Tomato RAF 1.28.8653.. ONLY FOR RT-N16/WRT610N (MIPSR2.Kernel 2.6) Extended + VPN. Christmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8661.. FOR RT-N16/WRT610N without VPN. Christmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8671.. FOR Cisco e3000 with USB & VPN. Chistmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8681.. Standard version for 4MB flash memory (RT-N12). Christmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8690.. FOR Cisco e3000 without VPN. Chistmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8695.. FOR Cisco e2000 + VPN. Chistmas Edition.