Search similar:

uniqs

bkerensa
Benjamin Kerensa
join:2002-07-14
Portland, OR

bkerensa

Major Comcast connectivity issues in PDX

It seems like Comcast is having some major issues with connectivity here in Portland our business HSI has been slower than 56k today.... We power cycled our modem and nothing so I asked Comcast to do a line reset and reprovision our modem.... still super slow.... so I went to get coffee and a cafe down the street that offers Wifi on a comcast line and instead of it being fast it was slow.... and I was the only one at the cafe and the network is password protected.

Hmmm...... I cannot figure out what is going on Comcast says everything is working fine in our area.... even our friends in the neighborhood who has Comcast said internet has been slow since last night.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Not seeing any issues here in West Linn. Speeds seem the same as usual.

Edit --> Maybe it's a Business customer issue? »[Connectivity] Outage in zip 98027. I am on standard residential service.
earletp
join:2004-02-03
PDX
ARRIS SB8200
Asus RT-AC68

1 edit

earletp to bkerensa

to bkerensa
Everything seems normal in inner SE Portland, at least for me.

You may want to get some of your friends in your neighborhood to call in too, so Comcast can verify and isolate the problem.

Maybe a squirrel chew, or the cold, or whatever, has effected the equipment or lines in your neighborhood.

Here are some tests I just ran...
(edited to add...)
Like the "Oregonian", I too just have residential service.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to bkerensa

Premium Member

to bkerensa
»Comcast High Speed Internet FAQ »How To Get Help!

Cat Scratch
join:2005-06-27

Cat Scratch to bkerensa

to bkerensa
I'm on Business Class with Comcast in SE PDX with 22/5 service. Just ran a couple of speed tests and not showing any problems at the moment.