Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: [game] Crazy Game 10. WTFO - Day 9

said by Exodus:

The mafia was neutered for several days straight between Gomez and Brom. I think the mafia won fairly.

I think it came down to a reasonable ending. Regardless, it was fun.

I like the word bomber, and have seen it used before, but limited to a few bombs/kills. Implementation was a bit 'heavy' here.

The lynch on Dez was a bad one as it pivitol point to LoL. Lynching someone who was very likely not mafia (via theRul framing) when it would be LoL seemed 'unwise'.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Well, there was a lot of experimental roles. Either way, town could have done a lot better.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Exodus:

Well, there was a lot of experimental roles. Either way, town could have done a lot better.

Agreed. Town knew who to kill. In hindsight leading the charge on Rocky was poor on my part as I had worse vibes from others. But after rocky it should have been clock work.. Multiple people called out the list.

All in all it was fun.. Looking at the spreadsheet, that must have been a bitch to keep up with.

And kudos to the mafia on the kills. Seemed have been very 'risk' based.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
FWIW I played Paper. Lizard eats Paper. Stupid Lizard.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Gomez

Premium Member

to Gomez
The spreadsheet made the game pretty easy to keep up with actually. I'd have been fucked without it. It only looks crazy with all the data filled in.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

I have to say though, that spreadsheet is probably the most info I've seen on a game ever.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Since it was experimental.. How about some some feed back.
said by Exodus:

Mafia Land Miner gameboyrom See Profile: Each night, you can arm one mine. These mines are detonated by a player saying a key word during the day phase. Once a player says that key word, they are dead and the mine is consumed. If you die, your mines go with you. Words must be at least 7 characters long and must not be a common mafia word or a player’s name and are subject to moderator approval. If you survive multiple days, it is possible to have multiple mines going at once. You may only communicate with your mafia partners. You win with the mafia.

Huge balance issue. Needs a counter mafia word bomber, or a limit. A potential day kill through duration is brutal.
said by Exodus:

Mafia Puppetmaster TheRul See Profile: During the night, you can rig up strings on the player of your choice. For the next day, that player is not allowed to speak. If you want them to say anything, you must send the mod the exact words and the exact link you want them to respond to. The puppet is only free to vote and vote once per post. You can make them say whatever you want as long as it is not vulgar or insulting at moderator discretion. You may only communicate with your mafia partners. You win with the mafia.

Interesting idea, but I think it's been broken via self vote. Might work with vote control as well. Could be exploited to force a land mine.
said by Exodus:

Mafia Radar Jammer AVD See Profile: Each night, you may target a player. If the player has any actions, the moderator will scramble their action/result into something favorable for the mafia if possible. You will not know what action the player has (if any), nor what happened. You may only communicate with your mafia partners. You win with the mafia.

Unsure.. I think in some cases might make the mod influence the game by determining outcome.
said by Exodus:

Mafia Hitman aztecnology See Profile: You are unaffected by role blocks, bus drivers or protection roles. It is preferable that you are the one to perform the night kills. You may only communicate with your mafia partners. You win with the mafia.

Ninja variant.. Normally the most powerful mafia role.
said by Exodus:

Mafia Spy Meningitis See Profile: When your team night kills a player, you may elect to not only perform Janitor actions on them (masks their role upon death), but take on their role abilities, however, you will still remain mafia. You can do this once and it is permanent. You will not know the role you are taking on until you have taken it. You may only communicate with your mafia partners. You win with the mafia.

Third Party Roles:
said by Exodus:

Ultra Jester brian See Profile: Your sole purpose is to get lynched. Upon getting lynched, you shall inflict a series of inconveniences among the people who voted for you, based upon the order that they voted for you. You are not allowed to tell anyone that you are the Jester, nor the circumstances that will occur if you get lynched. If you manage to get lynched on Day 1, you will turn into a non-party reporter which will allow you to spread FUD through the moderator into the game. The players will not know it is you.

I like the penalties, but the FUD seems useless.. Why continue if you are out of the game?
said by Exodus:

Zombie Leader Brom See Profile: You are a third-party zombie. You do not care about the town or the mafia. You care only about yourself. Each night, you can infect one player and turn them into a Zombie. The player will not know that you are their zombie leader. When a player turns into a zombie, they are unable to perform any role actions for the remainder of the game. If you die, all zombies are cured and they are back to their normal roles. You win when you and your zombies out number the rest of the players in the game. You win by yourself.

Still feel third parties should have max potential of ~20% initial size and then use wits to blend.

If there is attrition there should be a counter to cure, which might be interesting as that person needs to play zombie wack-a-mole, and probably be immune from recruitment.

Town Roles
said by Exodus:

Defense Lawyer Dave15 See Profile: At night, you have the option to pick a player to defend. That player is unable to be lynched the following day. You cannot pick the same player consecutively. You also cannot role-claim or allude to your abilities. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.
Mod Note: Removed role-claim restriction on Day 6. Didn’t make any sense.

Unsure.. seems weaker than the standard governor role.
said by Exodus:

Cheer Leader tmodelt See Profile: At night, you have the option to cheer a player. If that player has a night action, they now have their night actions doubled if possible. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

I like.
said by Exodus:

Jesus Gbcue See Profile: Upon dying, you will come back to life in three days (if the game lasts that long). You are also given a one-time protect to use before death and once after death each. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

I like.
said by Exodus:

Doppelganger drew See Profile: Whenever a player is lynched, you gain a one-time usage of their role that must be used as soon as the role allows, if the role is capable of being cloned. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

Typically a mafia role. Indifferent.
said by Exodus:

Jack of All Trades ZandraBee See Profile: You have a one-time usage of the following abilities to be used at any time: Investigate, Shoot, Role Block, Bus Drive, Protect. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

Standard role.
said by Exodus:

Kristopher Gomez See Profile: You are a Kristopher. The first time someone role claims, you must also role-claim the exact same thing or you will be mod-killed. Players cannot know of your role. You must play and convince the town as if you are that role. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.
MOD NOTE: (User is not told that they gain the person’s ability upon role-claiming until after they claim.)

Interesting concept, but given the unknown part 2, probably not for reuse.
said by Exodus:

You are the Towninator. Each night, you may choose any player and turn them into a generic townie for the following day and into the night phase. Their abilities return to normal the following day. Your affiliation does not change. You are not under any mod-secrecy restrictions.

Nice ad-hoc. Really turns in to a full cycle role block and a safety net for LoL vs third-parties.
said by Exodus:

Necromancer navyet2sw See Profile: You may choose to revive one player that has died at any time. They will get their role back and can play the game, but you will die instead. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

I like.
said by Exodus:

Rock, Paper, Spock, Lizard, Scissors Chaplain See Profile: Each night, you may play Rock, Paper, Scissors with one player (through a mod). If you win, you have the option to kill them. If they win, they have the option to kill you. Submit the player’s name to the moderator and they will conduct the game. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

I like.
said by Exodus:

Lie Detector Antonica See Profile: Each night, you may submit one post to the moderator from the previous day to be evaluated by a moderator. The mod will report back if they are telling the truth. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

I like.
said by Exodus:

Lucky Cop ekster See Profile: At the beginning of each day, you will guess which player will be lynched. If you are successful, you get an investigation that night. You will put your guesses in at the beginning of the game for Day 1 and at night for each following day. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

[Mod Note]: Player not told. If he is unsuccessful in a single prediction and dies, all players he predicted will be announced and their affiliation announced with it.

Seems to convoluted.
said by Exodus:

Reflector chlen See Profile: Each night, you can give a player a mirror. Any actions targeting them will bounce back at the targeter instead. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

I really like this. Although as mentioned in game, it can be used to form a bullet proof circle.
said by Exodus:

Robot DrModem See Profile: You are a robot. You are given a vigilante shot to use at any time during the day. You must type SHOOT: PLAYERNAME in the thread to activate. If you are lynched, you come back to life as a moderator bitch the next day. You must do whatever the moderator says. Failure to do so results in a mod kill. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

Mod bitch gives to much mod influence to the game.
said by Exodus See Profile :

The Roleinator Jim7 See Profile: Each night, you will be told a random role in the game. You will not be told who has the role, only that it exists and the details of that role. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

Randomized seer. Probably more interesting this way.

Caffeine Junky Prevailer See Profile: You spend all day and all night drinking mountain dew. Because of this, you never sleep. Each night, you will see who targets you with night actions. You will not know with what actions you were targeted with. You may not privately communicate with anyone. You win with the town.

Renamed alert townie. take it or leave it.

Chuck Norris Dezbend See Profile: You are a generic townie. If the mafia attempts to kill you at night, you will not only kick the killer’s ass, but the entire mafia’s ass. They will surrender to you and you will become their Godfather. You are afforded the same innocent investigation results as a normal Godfather. On top of that, when one of your mafia dies, you have the option of dumping your Godfather status to take on their role instead. This change is permanent. While town, you must play as a town member and cannot disclose directly, hinted, or indirectly, any knowledge that you may gain from this PM. You can try and get yourself killed if you want recruited, however. You win with the town until your status changes. You are not allowed private communication with anyone until your status changes.

This one in interesting.. I would think third party to force the game play.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

You should host a CG, Gomez.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

Naw... I enjoy the rare opportunity to play them.. Just giving you feedback so you can build the most awesomemest game ever.. A thread "What do you want in a GC" might be interesting...

Plus I'm not going to put up with people like me bitching in IM..

BTW, thanks for running this.. The effort in setup and running it efficiently is obvious..

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Thank you. I think muz sponsors these and then has a guest host each time. Sometimes, people guest host it a couple of times.
Exodus

Exodus

Premium Member

Also, this game ran pretty long and kept others from going. Maybe a New Years CG is the next time we can run one.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Exodus

to Exodus
And of course the tactical analysis...

Mines be damned town should have had this.

I'll still stand by the No-lynch one day GC strategy.

The vote on theRul was solid, but screwed by the lawyer. Seeing how that works, I'm no longer pissed at rocky.

I had backed off Protuse but I thought that momentum had dropped. Not a huge deal at the time..

The vote for brom was solid, and lucky.. One contradictory post nailed him. Had he better prepared for that discussion, he'd have won.

Rocky vote.. I figured we had 3 solid and one unknown. Clearing the unknown would pave the path.. in hindsight the -1 bias on aztec and men should have been the vote.

@ZandraBee you asked about bias in the game.. There is a hidden column on the spreadsheet I posted.. it's 'bias' everyone starts at zero.. certain things move it up or down.. my statement that you were +1 bias was that your pro-town probability increased due to the correlated event of shooting Jesus... Egads you shot jesus..

After rocky it was cut and dried. The case had been made as to why dez was framed by mafia, and holds true regardless of his actual role.. Bias +1 based on the framing plus other circumstantial stuff.. Why vote on LaL dogma when they had been proven framed by mafia? Especially when it goes to LoL.

Had that vote been on any of the suspects multiple players had called out, town could have dealt with attrition from landmines and won.

Bullshit LaL dogma lost the game, IMO.

On the mafia side... Nice kills.. horrid execution on the puppeteer.
The self vote made things extremely questionable. Following that bogus lead was what got theRul killed.
Gomez

Gomez to Exodus

to Exodus
One more point for town...

How did no one say WTF to this?
said by Meningitis:

At least we traded town for town. Didn't lose any numbers.

I'm leaning to Dezbend, as he is the only one I can say for certain that has lied. Lie, and then claim to have an ability to kill anyone who targets him? Seems far fetched.

Thoughts?

I damn near spilled my coffee.. traded town for town and didn't lose numbers? WTF..

Meningitis
Hi
Premium Member
join:2009-03-06
Places

Meningitis

Premium Member

LOL.

It sounded right at the time. I was trying desperately to start conversation so someone would blow themselves up.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

i took that as a comment about gbcue coming back

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Things I learned.

Virii thing was "meh". Good idea, but won't happen again.

Neutering so many players on day 1 and throughout the game made it dryer than it really needed to be.

Landmines are still awesome, however, the penalty doesn't have to be death every time you detonate one.

Ultra Jester was awesome :P

Gomez, your comment about the mod influencing a game via Radar Jammer creates an element of separation between the mafia and the town. The mafia knows not what the result will be if there is even a result, but there's an element that will favor them no matter what. The intent is for the moderator to use their knowledge to help the mafia in this case.

The hitman was one of the only saving graces of the mafia. I gave mafia powerful tools which they used fairly improperly or were neutered. Rather than give the mafia less power, I may alter the town to have more powerful roles. I want people to feel like they have something awesome. People like ProtusMose got a pretty crappy role. No one targeted him the entire game, hah.

Rocky's pseudo-governor role didn't work out the way I envisioned it at all. Scrapping it.

The "Kristopher" role was a one-time use. It was, however, probably the highlight of the game.

I may make the necromancer a non-sacrificial thing if I use it again. Sucks to leave the game in order to bring someone else in.

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

Antonica

Premium Member

and if you do bring someone in, pick one of the cops :P

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to Gomez

Premium Member

to Gomez
said by Gomez:

said by Exodus:

Mafia Puppetmaster TheRul See Profile: During the night, you can rig up strings on the player of your choice. For the next day, that player is not allowed to speak. If you want them to say anything, you must send the mod the exact words and the exact link you want them to respond to. The puppet is only free to vote and vote once per post. You can make them say whatever you want as long as it is not vulgar or insulting at moderator discretion. You may only communicate with your mafia partners. You win with the mafia.

Interesting idea, but I think it's been broken via self vote. Might work with vote control as well. Could be exploited to force a land mine.

I actually did this first, but arch didn't allow it, or allow us to control the vote. It was something like "dez is guilty, but i can't vote for him due to mod restriction, and vote:dez " with the landmine being "restriction" this would have killed you and lynched dez in 1 shot essentially.

I probably should have asked for an exception so that the puppet wouldn't have been killed, but no doubt someone else would have said the landmine word probably right away...

but