spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Abreujon
@verizon.net

Abreujon

Anon

[modem/router] Westell 7500 - Can't connect to Internet

I've been using Verizon DSL for about 5 years now with very minimal issues. The modem I've been using is Westell 327w with, again, no issues. Recently I upgraded to the 7MBPS package and Verizon mailed me a new modem, Westell 7500. Unfortunately I've been unable to connect to the Internet with this modem. The Internet, DSL, Wireless, E1, etc. lights are all yellow (which means I'm connected) and the Network settings on my Mac even recognize that I'm connected (green lights when I go to System Preferences > Network). However when I try to browse the Internet NOTHING WORKS under any circumstance (different browsers, internet widgets, etc).

To test things out I've switched back and forth between my old modem (327w) and the new one (7500) and everything works perfectly under my old modem. Is the Westell 7500 modem just not working properly or is there something I'm not doing???

Btw I've been unable to utilize the 7MBPS speed so far since the Westell 7500 hasn't worked. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

The 327w is capable of handing the 7.1Mbps package. One thing about the Westell 7500 is that despite showing Green DSL and Internet lights, it has a walled garden built-in that can cause some small issues. If you didn't run the CD that came with the modem, try going to »192.168.1.1/ to see if you can get to the Admin Interface. If you can, go to »192.168.1.1/verizon/redirect.htm and make sure that walled garden isn't enabled.

Abreujon
@verizon.net

Abreujon

Anon

Actually I just called Verizon about the issue and they walked me through exactly what you said, and now the Internet seems to be working fine. The 327w model seems a lot sturdier and better built than the 7500, which is very lightweight and can't even stand up when there are cables attached to it. The operator told me the 7500 handles 7MBPS speeds much better than the 327w and that they're essentially the same models just updated. I've read about a lot of issues the 7500 has though so I'm pretty much holding my breath until I start seeing some more issues.

Thanks for the help!

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

No problem, and glad to hear they helped you out with that. Anyways, there are some issues with the 7500 that seems to make it a less durable modem than the 327w, but the only sure way to tell is to put both modems to the test to see which one performs better overall.