All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

wavesucks
@wavecable.com

wavesucks

Anon

enough is enough! I have had it with these slowdowns!

I have had wave broadband in the Roseville, CA area for the past 8 years. It was actually called/ran by Starstream Communications up untill 2007. Under Starstream I never remembered receiving speeds lower then what my connection was rated for but the last few years I have noticed slowdowns a few times a week. Things are getting worse. The past week the slowdowns have occurred every damn day. An 8mb connection going at around 1 to 1.6mb in the evenings is unacceptable.

Within the month I will be switching to Surewest DSL 17mb internet connection.

I know no one cares, not even Wave but I wanted to post this for the people who still put up with this bullshit to know there are other options out there, start shopping around.

As for wave, good riddance!

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I do have to ask, have you contacted Wave? Have you brought up your node congestion issues? Have you had technicians out to verify there's not some equipment on your block that's malfunctioning?

I understand slow downs and how bad they suck, but I spent a lot of time on the phone with Wave CS and their management to get my issues resolved to my satisfaction.

You have options, that's great! However, many do not.

wavesucks
@wavecable.com

wavesucks

Anon

I have had them out a while ago for this issue and they replaced my modem and called it a day. I am 100% sure it is a node congestion issue that wont get fixed unless they upgrade it. I just lived with it all these years too lazy to switch until now.

The other thing is that the Surewest deal is better at 17mb anyway so there's really no reason for me to give Wave another chance to "fix" this problem even if they are willing to because I am deciding to cancel service.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

Glad you have options but you certainly didn't put much effort into getting the problem resolved.
NoBS6
join:2004-01-05
Stayton, OR

NoBS6

Almost a MB down!
Here in Stayton they only charge $75 for 18/1.5
Imagine the speed if I only had 10 down!
Yeah, Wave Narrowband sucks!

Pioneer
@wavecable.com

Pioneer

Anon

Agreed. I am currently paying for the 10 mbs and have accomplished .9 mbs. Still better than you nobs. /kill wave
NoBS6
Stayton, OR

NoBS6 to wavesucks

to wavesucks
I'm is Stayton OR, at least they added fiber back bone to this community.
Quote from a visiting Tech trouble shooter was they inherited old equipment from Willamette Broadband, and while he lives the next town over he maxes a 10Mbps on a wide open modem (should hit 18-20+Mbps). Said they are budgeted for new equipment, but it's not set in stone for PO or install time frame.

My biggest complaint is being treated like a kiddy torrent abuser. I spend $75 a month and get capped at 10/300 GB per Day/Month.

Good news is I can't hit 10 GB on a HD movie rentals because of the constant stutter/hang!

Tempted to just take my business to the local Tel Co-Op DSL.
1/3 the bandwidth with NO download cap! They do monitor Upload to weed out the Torrent kiddies and spam bots, which I fully support!

By end of Summer I might end have access to the TelCo's "Fiber To The Home" cable, 50/5 Mbps for the same price as Wave 18/1.5!

Debating if I can handle 6/1 for 3/4 of a year, free install/modem makes it tempting though...

Had Stayton Co-Op Telephone dial-up when I moved out to the sticks in 2000. Also had thier DSL in 2004-06 when Cable was even worse. They had pretty old equipment back then, but last year they gutted and tore down their Central Office and spent the big bucks on their new blades.

I emailed their Tech with some detailed questions, hope I can get the ball rolling soon...

The more I think about it, the more likely I'll spend my monies at a local provider and leave the out of state Wavecable in the dark.

Competition is GOOD! At least I have options, when there is only 1 broadband provider, we consumers lose big time.

drew
Radiant
Premium Member
Port Orchard, WA

drew

Premium Member

I'm glad you've had a tech visit your house.

Is that the first time since you've encountered your issues? Have you kept a dialog open with the call-center or had your issue escalated to the next tier yet?

I know it's frustrating to have to push and push, but if you're actually looking for resolution with Wave, you absolutely need to be a pain in their backside. One or two calls will NOT cut it.
NoBS6
Stayton, OR

NoBS6

Blazing fast!
Squeaky wheel is an option, so is competition.
Service is getting better though
NoBS6

NoBS6 to wavesucks

to wavesucks
This is on their pipes to the local node;
Last Result:
Download Speed: 4885 kbps (610.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 888 kbps (111 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 60 ms
Sun Jan 09 2011 20:05:12 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

18/1.5 my arse!
NoBS6

NoBS6 to drew

to drew
Wave call center no longer blows smoke up my arse, they admit that the blades are old and they have it budgeted for a fix.
The last tech was pretty cool, look me straight in the eyes and said, they might not complete the upgrades this year.
Could be worse, like paying $75 a month for 1Mbps