All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed
« OkI hate Comcast »
This is a sub-selection from If I become unemployed....

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD
reply to Nightfall

Re: If I become unemployed....

said by Nightfall:

If you are still thinking about dropping cable TV, then call Comcast and say you are disconnecting your service. They will give you an incentive to stay. Ask my parents and the dozens of others who call into comcast every 6 months. My parents haven't paid full price for Comcast service in over 5 years.

This seems to be market-specific. A lot of people I know who've tried it actually had Comcast call their bluffs.
--
"Net Neutrality" zealots - the people you can thank for your capped Internet service.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
said by pnh102:

said by Nightfall:

If you are still thinking about dropping cable TV, then call Comcast and say you are disconnecting your service. They will give you an incentive to stay. Ask my parents and the dozens of others who call into comcast every 6 months. My parents haven't paid full price for Comcast service in over 5 years.

This seems to be market-specific. A lot of people I know who've tried it actually had Comcast call their bluffs.

Actually, its customer care specific. Comcast calls your bluff, make your disconnect date 2 weeks out because "your satellite dish will be installed then". Call back next day, get a new rep, try again.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to pnh102
said by pnh102:

said by Nightfall:

The I'll quit and go elsewhere only works where Comcast knows the customer has viable cost effective alternatives like Verizon Fios. If your options are 1.5 mbps DSL & DirecTV, they are liable to call your bluff.