spc
Search similar:

uniqs
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

It's not just Oregon...

Internet prices are going up $5 on 1/1/11 here, and modem rentals are going up $2 on top of that. So "Economy" internet will be a whopping $47 per month if you rent a modem/router from Comcast. Utterly ridiculous. Performance will be $67 according to the new schedule ($60 without modem rental) and Blast will be $77. The price for the 50M tier is going to $115 + modem rental though (same $122 as before the change if you rent a modem).

»www.denverpost.com/busin ··· 16746620
iansltx

iansltx

With the increases, the delta between internet-with-TV/Phone and Internet-Without-TV/Phone pricing is $13-$15, up from $10-$12. Ick.

MonkeyLick78
join:2002-01-27
Hixson, TN

MonkeyLick78 to iansltx

to iansltx
said by iansltx:

Internet prices are going up $5 on 1/1/11 here, and modem rentals are going up $2 on top of that. So "Economy" internet will be a whopping $47 per month if you rent a modem/router from Comcast. Utterly ridiculous. Performance will be $67 according to the new schedule ($60 without modem rental) and Blast will be $77. The price for the 50M tier is going to $115 + modem rental though (same $122 as before the change if you rent a modem).

»www.denverpost.com/busin ··· 16746620

Just goes to show what lack of competition gets you. I'm sure my area will have very little changes in the way of prices. I think the modem rental fee is still $3 here. Buying your own modem seems to be the only way to go for you guys.