Search similar:

uniqs
davidnewt
join:2009-08-10
Conroe, TX

1 edit

davidnewt

[Asterisk] GV outgoing calls with Asterisk1.8

I was able to make gv calls using Asterisk1.8 behind my tomato router using 2 different gv accounts without problem for a week. But today, there is a strange problem: one of the GV account can not make outgoing calls while the other can without problem. For the not-working one, it keeps giving the following error message:

[Dec 2 00:07:28] NOTICE[386]: chan_gtalk.c:1942 gtalk_parser: Remote peer reported an error, trying to establish the call anyway
[Dec 2 00:07:28] NOTICE[386]: chan_gtalk.c:1942 gtalk_parser: Remote peer reported an error, trying to establish the call anyway

Initially I suspect that one batch of gv account may not work, the others may work, but I went back to use sipsorcery to make the calls with the same account, it works fine. This means that the gv account not-working on the asterisk is ok. I don't know what is the reason now since the incoming calls work ok for both accounts, and the outgoing calls work too for another gv account. Anybody have this kind of problem before? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: 1 hour later, neither of the gv accounts from the asterisk server work now. Both give the same error messages now. I guess GV has blocked calls from my asterisk server. I can still make calls through sipsorcery. If anybody experienced the same problem, please share.
tom thomas
join:2010-11-04

tom thomas

did you check whether you can call from gmail itself?
davidnewt
Conroe, TX

davidnewt

I did not try, but I guess it should work from gv directly since I can use sipsorcery to make calls. Sipsorcery uses http hack to make calls, just the same as placing calls from gv website.
tom thomas

tom thomas

said by davidnewt:

I did not try, but I guess it should work from gv directly since I can use sipsorcery to make calls. Sipsorcery uses http hack to make calls, just the same as placing calls from gv website.

but the asterisk solution works totally different from sipsorcery. it emulates the gmail client, very different from the http hack.
davidnewt
Conroe, TX

davidnewt

I understand GV outgoing calls with *1.8 and sipsorcery is different. I thought you are talking about making calls through gv website. Anyway, I tried making calls in gmail site and gtalk, both work fine. So, something is wrong between asterisk18 and gv.
halljb
join:2010-12-01
Apex, NC

halljb to davidnewt

to davidnewt
I'm having the exact same problem, it started sometime today. I can receive calls just fine, but dialing out rings indefinitely.

VERBOSE[3807] app_dial.c: -- Gtalk/+1919xxxxxxx@voice.google.com-1661 is ringing
[2010-12-01 23:33:21] VERBOSE[3803] app_dial.c: -- Local/919xxxxxxx@gvoice-0d58;1 is ringing
[2010-12-01 23:33:22] NOTICE[3398] chan_gtalk.c: Remote peer reported an error, trying to establish the call anyway
davidnewt
Conroe, TX

1 edit

davidnewt

said by halljb:

I'm having the exact same problem, it started sometime today. I can receive calls just fine, but dialing out rings indefinitely.

VERBOSE[3807] app_dial.c: -- Gtalk/+1919xxxxxxx@voice.google.com-1661 is ringing
[2010-12-01 23:33:21] VERBOSE[3803] app_dial.c: -- Local/919xxxxxxx@gvoice-0d58;1 is ringing
[2010-12-01 23:33:22] NOTICE[3398] chan_gtalk.c: Remote peer reported an error, trying to establish the call anyway

So, this is not unique problem for me. I could not figure out what is wrong. Hopefully it is temporary. I have to go back to sipsorcery for my phone system now.
tom thomas

tom thomas to davidnewt

to davidnewt
said by davidnewt:

Anyway, I tried making calls in gmail site and gtalk, both work fine.

by gtalk do you mean you were able to place a call(to a phone number) from the gtalk standalone client? if so how? everything that i have heard up until now is that it is not possible because of the way google supports authentication only from the chat client built into the gmail website.
davidnewt
Conroe, TX

davidnewt

said by tom thomas:

said by davidnewt:

Anyway, I tried making calls in gmail site and gtalk, both work fine.

by gtalk do you mean you were able to place a call(to a phone number) from the gtalk standalone client? if so how? everything that i have heard up until now is that it is not possible because of the way google supports authentication only from the chat client built into the gmail website.

I mean that gtalk to other signed-in buddies, not regular phone number. From gmail site, I can call other regular numbers.
az1324
join:2007-06-02
Phoenix, AZ

2 edits

az1324 to davidnewt

to davidnewt
<error code="400" type="modify"><bad-request xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error>

Yes getting problems too. You can call gtalk buddies but you can't call phone numbers. They must have changed the way requests are parsed or something else on the back end to break it. Incoming still works and calling from the browser plugin works too so it's not one of the recent system problems with voice.

Hmm this is interesting: »pbxinaflash.com/forum/sh ··· count=34 but I wasn't using PIAF so maybe something else.
tom thomas

tom thomas

said by az1324:

[code]

[/code]

Yes getting problems too. You can call gtalk buddies but you can't call phone numbers. They must have changed the way requests are parsed or something else on the back end to break it. Incoming still works and calling from the browser plugin works too so it's not one of the recent system problems with voice.

Hmm this is interesting: »pbxinaflash.com/forum/sh ··· count=34 but I wasn't using PIAF so maybe something else.

interesting. i wonder if this also affects people who keep their browser open with gmail 24 hrs a day.
twinclouds
join:2010-06-12
San Diego, CA

twinclouds

This happened to me yesterday as well. I can still make calls from my web page.
davidnewt
Conroe, TX

davidnewt

said by twinclouds:

This happened to me yesterday as well. I can still make calls from my web page.

Anyone has update on this issue, or this will become permanent?

superm1
@rr.com

superm1

Anon

A bug has been opened upstream:
»issues.asterisk.org/view ··· id=18412

The guys most likely to know what's up will probably comment there.
sipsorcery
join:2010-03-14

sipsorcery to tom thomas

to tom thomas
said by tom thomas:

interesting. i wonder if this also affects people who keep their browser open with gmail 24 hrs a day.

The GMail dialler uses a HTTP request not an XMPP one to place its calls.

»sipsorcery.wordpress.com ··· e-calls/
az1324
Phoenix, AZ

az1324 to davidnewt

to davidnewt
Is GV on FreeSwitch also broken?

Ken Peterson
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08

3 edits

Ken Peterson to davidnewt

Premium Member

to davidnewt
Mine started this behavior as well. Incoming A-OK; outgoing hear a ring but it doesn't actually go thru.
============
edit: brain in neutral.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to az1324

Premium Member

to az1324
said by az1324:

Is GV on FreeSwitch also broken?

I just saw your post and tested a GV call from my FS without a problem. I also use my GV on FS to place some outbound calls this morning and yesterday without a problem, too.
az1324
Phoenix, AZ

az1324

Well now we know it's probably a protocol issue in the asterisk implementation.

Ken Peterson
Premium Member
join:2000-12-08

Ken Peterson to davidnewt

Premium Member

to davidnewt
Possible workaround: »supermario-world.blogspo ··· -gv.html
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

That workaround requires Python. If your Asterisk PBX System is hosted on a NAT/Firewall router (clocked below 400MHz) without enough space to include Python scripting language support, then this approach won't be feasible unless you convert this Python codes to using cURL.

The other approach is to contact DOgFace05. He wrote his own chan_gv code for asterisk-1.6.x. Perhaps, he may already port it to asterisk-1.8.x, too. I had tested this chan_gv code on my asterisk-1.6.x hosted on a Netgear WGT634U and it performed much faster, AFAICT.
tom thomas

tom thomas to davidnewt

to davidnewt
i wonder if google's blocking this has anything to do with PBXes recent offering.

google may not care about a few hackers using GV with ATA's but when it becomes easy to setup that changes things.
az1324
Phoenix, AZ

az1324 to mazilo

to mazilo
Yeah gvout.sh is working almost as fast as direct calling.

People keep saying maybe they broke it on purpose but it's hard to believe that FS would still work if this was the case.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by az1324:

Where did you get the gvout.sh?
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip

said by mazilo:

said by az1324:

Where did you get the gvout.sh?

It's working on 1.6 also?
az1324
Phoenix, AZ

az1324 to davidnewt

to davidnewt
I wrote it but it's posted on this board somewhere.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by az1324:

I wrote it but it's posted on this board somewhere.

Now, I remember that. You posted the gvout.sh here on 01/22/2010. BTW, did you have to modify the gvout.sh scripts due to recent GV change?
az1324
Phoenix, AZ

az1324

said by mazilo:

BTW, did you have to modify the gvout.sh scripts due to recent GV change?

No.
davidnewt
Conroe, TX

davidnewt

said by az1324:

said by mazilo:

No.

Could you give more detail about how to use the script with Asterisk? Thanks.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by davidnewt:

said by az1324:

said by mazilo:

No.

Could you give more detail about how to use the script with Asterisk? Thanks.

I have not verified this. However, I believe the link provided in this post by Ken Peterson explains how to use an AGI function to call such a scripting file.