uniqs
share rss forum feed

sholling
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA
kudos:1

Hmmmmmm Revenue!

It looks like LA has found a way to close the budget gap. Write zillions of BS tickets! Revenue!!!

»latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2···own.html
quote:
Pedestrians should think twice before jaywalking in downtown L.A. -- or they could walk away with a $191 fine.
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA

1 edit
Ouch! I woke up at 2am this morning and remembered I needed to move my car across the street to avoid a $50 street sweeper ticket...

Actually as far as jaywalking goes, the cross streets where I work in Brea, we used to park across the street from the building in a large dedicated parking lot - and there was always a cop hanging close by to catch jaywalkers. It was so much easier to just cross the street right there than to have to walk all the way to the light, cross the street, then walk all the way back up to get into our building.

This was back in 2006/2007, and it was something like a $125 ticket...($75 fine, and another $50 in fees).

That parking lot is no longer used by us as the company built out their own parking structure on it's own property.

- FM
--
This just in from the department of redundancy department...

ohdan

join:2008-11-10
Adelanto, CA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Verizon FiOS
reply to sholling
Jaywalking can seriously bone up traffic. The only thing is that I haven't seen it as a problem here (except at nighttime in some hot spots). In cities like NYC, that's where jaywalking is a real problem. LA has lots of people, yes; LA has lots of space, though. NYC not so much of the latter.

The point being... run 'em down. Walk your lazy ass another 100 ft. to the crosswalk.

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA
reply to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

Ouch! I woke up at 2am this morning and remembered I needed to move my car across the street to avoid a $50 street sweeper ticket...

I got one of those a couple weeks ago.

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA
Lucky for me they don't show up until around 7:15am to ticket people for the sweeper who rolls by around 7:45am.

However, I've been hit twice in the last 11 months with 'em.

- FM
--
This just in from the department of redundancy department...

hoyleysox
Premium
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA
reply to sholling

Vernon said such criminals often suddenly see a potential target and run across the road mid-block.

BRAINS

sholling
Premium
Hemet, CA
reply to sholling
Santa Monica goes after more revenue from fines.

»www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/mainh···=7908238
quote:
People cited for sidewalk-cycling, loitering in public parking garages, or leaving belongings unattended on city property may now be issued tickets instead of court dates - with the option to pay a $250 fee online or by mail.
--
"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--

lt_wentoncha
Red6

join:2002-05-12
reply to sholling
»totalbuzz.ocregister.com/2010/12···t/46268/

Jerry Brown, that courageous bugger, higher taxes will be needed to deal with the $28 billion budget hole.

sholling
Premium
Hemet, CA
He's not going to get his tax increase. He has three choices massive cuts, attract business, or beg for federal bailouts and the House Representatives isn't going to give him any money. Oh well he wanted the job and some people were silly enough to vote for him so now he has to figure out how to cut. He can't even raise fees.
--
--FREDERIC BASTIAT--