spc
uniqs
ISurfTooMuch
join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

ISurfTooMuch to ksharp250

to ksharp250

Re: Did no one else think this?

Of course no one believes that. And not one of the caps that have been tried or implemented thus far has involved lowering the base price. Besides, there's nothing stopping the cable companies from offering economy plans right now that include lower speeds and/or a low cap.

As for allowing them to build out more areas, that's utterly laughable. I can't count the number of times I've heard of a cable company telling a homeowner that they almost reach that, in order to come that last few hundred feet, the homeowner will need to pay some astronomical amount. Hell, it's even happened to a friend of mine. And, in an even more extreme case, several years back, a friend living in an apartment complex wanted to sign up with Knology. Knology served his building, but their lines stopped at the apartment ACROSS THE HALL, and they refused to go any farther.

These rationalizations for caps are just that: rationalizations. They're BS, plain and simple.

megarock
join:2001-06-28
Fenton, MO

megarock

said by ISurfTooMuch:

Of course no one believes that. And not one of the caps that have been tried or implemented thus far has involved lowering the base price. Besides, there's nothing stopping the cable companies from offering economy plans right now that include lower speeds and/or a low cap.

Charter did it. Caps were imposed the last week of November and not only did prices not go down they sent out with the December bill that in January rates will go up.