spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kpfx
join:2005-10-28
San Antonio, TX

kpfx

Verizon not a threat.... yet

Can't say the launch of Verizon's LTE network will be much of an initial threat to Clear.

The huge price difference ($30-50 for Clear VS $50-80 for Verizon) and the caps that Verizon has (5-10 GB) mean it's probably going to be limited to users upgrading their existing Verizon 3G cards.

Not to say it doesn't have the potential to disrupt the game, but so far Verizon's biggest disadvantage seems to be... well, Verizon.

L Supreme
Premium Member
join:2004-06-05
Lowell, MA

L Supreme

Premium Member

The main thing Verizon has over Clear is brand recognition. IMO if Clear wants to keep its advantage they need to increase their advertisement.

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

w0g

ever been in an area where Clear has service? billboards, flyers, TV and radio advertisements, dedicated Clear stores and kiosks in malls - they generally make themselves known.
chsteiger
Premium Member
join:2003-10-03
Pasadena, TX

chsteiger to kpfx

Premium Member

to kpfx
Clear's coverage is real bad.. so I would like to see is VZ is better.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4 to w0g

to w0g
YEP! in Cleveland alone! they have ads on the electronic/tv style billboards- and normally like 5 different ads on them, one mall as a HUGE kiosk and only 2 little laptops to show off the service but you can see the HUGE green signs a good 500feet from the little booth. The other mall has signs all over it in the sign stands. Clear Channel Radio stations are giving away Clear Internet away for 1-2 years on differnet things they're doing. TWC is running their ads and some of them even have the Clear brand on them.

I've never seen so many ads for one company at once. The only thing i haven't seen yet are TV ads here.
hottboiinnc4

hottboiinnc4 to chsteiger

to chsteiger
you'll have that with any network that is brand new and still being built. And actually ALL wireless carriers DO NOT tell you that you can use your device in the "coverage map" coverage is always an estimate.