spc
Search similar:

uniqs
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

Clear should close its stores and only sell online

There is no advantage for them running store. When you buy something, you pay the same price whether with a contract or not. Online, you sometimes actually get a better deal and you still get good deal on fast shipping. I know from my experience, bc representatives refused to match pricing to clear's website.

Cancellation is a hassle. If you cancel let say, because you really don't need it and sell it on ebay, they lure you into transferring ownership (instead just cancelling and letting other guys register) for $25 dollar gift card. My "great buyer" started to use it right away while I did not have yet a time to suspend service bc they are closed on weekends. Once I suspended the buyer, oh suddenly was not interested in using it anymore. So I had to cancel contract anyway and paying extra days for buyer.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

the stores allow the customers to actually use the product before they buy. The same thing Cell phone companies do with their products. So why close? It also allows you to save on shipping costs when buying. And you can talk to someone as well. Have a problem; return to the store. No problems.

And an FYI- you're review for them doesn't say much and says its for DSL. Clear is NOT DSL.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

You cannot return there! You have to ship back to headquarters if you're not satisfied. Thats the biggest turn off about the stores. You cannot have there technical support either. Thats a dramatically different attitude from how cell phone stores treat their customers.

FYI - I know someone created Clearwire in a wrong category and there is another in the correct one.
hottboiinnc4
ME
join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

hottboiinnc4

uh not true in all stores. You can return here. your area must be totally differnet- just like with cell carriers. And NOT all cell phone companies let you return to the stores. I can't return my phone to a store. and i bought it from VZW.

DoRight
join:2007-07-20
East Petersburg, PA

DoRight

Maybe it's changed but when I left there in June company policy was not returns at any stores/kiosks. You were to return to local offices or ship back. I don't see how that's changed much