Search similar:

uniqs

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

join:2000-10-05
Marina, CA

FutureMon

Getting laid....off.

Just found out this morning that I, along with a minimum of 70 other people are being laid off at the end of this month.

As of yesterday I was told I was safe - but apparently as of this morning they still needed more cuts, so I was added to the list.

- FM

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

Well lets get right to it:

Lowermybills.com (LAX area) is hiring:
Experian Interactive Media, an Experian company, is seeking a Software Developer Expert to join its Engineering team.
Desirable skills are Maven, Perforce, Oracle, Jira, Confluence, Clover, Checkstyle, Eclipse, JUnit, and Continuous Integration tools.
5 positions to fill: »appsext.unify.uk.experia ··· 7pgUNEMw..

CyberCoders is hiring (these boys are contact placement right?):
Skills Required:
.Net, Asp.Net, C#, XML, SOA, web services, WCF, OOP, SQL Server, .Net Developer, .Net Programmer, .Net Engineer, C# Developer, C# Programmer, C# Engineer
Apply: »www.cybercoders.com/JobB ··· g&menu=0

DIRECTeeeeeVeeee
--Strong experience with J2EE, SQL, JTA/Hibernate, EJB3, JMS, Web Services/WSDL/XML and Log4j.
--Experience utilizing JBoss 4.2 / 5 Application Server, JBoss Messaging, Apache Tomcat 5.5 and DB2 preferred.
--Human interface design and usability experience/skills using JSF, RichFaces, Google Toolkit, JSP, DHTML, AJAX and JavaScript are a plus.
»www.directv.com/DTVAPP/a ··· eers.jsp
(about 20 positions they are trying to fill in your category)

PM me if you need to "drop a name" at Experian/Lowermybills. More to come.

Get cracking tonight!

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

unfortunately for FutureMon See Profile I do not think his skill set (unless they have changed) will work for DirectTeVe But he may be able to slip his way in there if he can get past the HR people, which I was unable to do. But maybe now they will a little nicer.

CyberCoders is a Contract company. But they take from a large pool of applicants and give the pool to the prospective employeer, so your resume needs to be pristine and exciting.

If you get into Lowermybills... can you fix up my credit score?

ohdan
join:2008-11-10
Adelanto, CA

ohdan to FutureMon

to FutureMon
Sorry to hear that, FM. I wish you speed in getting back into the workforce soon.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon to TheRul

to TheRul
Yeah CyberCoders are scum, IMHO. They snatch up every listing and re-list it as their own (even those posted by other agencies).

I've been in contact with them in the past over several positions I was WELL qualified for - and either never got a response, or was stonewalled by my lack of a B.A. Degree - even though I have over 20 years of practical experience in the field.

My real skillset is with VB 6 (Expert), VB.NET (Adv), C#.NET (Mid), MS Sql (7-2005) (Expert), ASP (Expert), ASP.NET (Mid), HTML (Expert), Com/DCom (Expert), Groovy (SoapUI/XML/XSL) (Mid). No formal java specific experience to speak of.

- FM

ohdan
Adelanto, CA

1 recommendation

ohdan

You left out your karaoke experience.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

That's cause that's my after-hours activity.

If I had 2 gigs per day, 5 days a week, at $150/gig I'd be in pretty good shape and it could replace my day job. Especially since it's tax free

- FM

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings

I work for the IRS. Ya'll are in a heap of trouble now, Mon.

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

2 edits

FutureMon

Except for the fact I have no gigs at all and haven't for several years running at this point. And it's not for a lack of trying...

Hey if you really work for the IRS - lose my paperwork already. I'm paying off my 2008 tax burden $100/mo at a time - and each month they're tacking on something like $400 in penalties and $400 in interest... The only way it's ever gonna get paid off is by them sucking up my refunds each year in chunks - and even that way it's still a moving target.

- FM

AbBaZaBbA
Premium Member
join:2002-07-10
Wildomar, CA

1 recommendation

AbBaZaBbA

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Aq1tsXoA

ohdan
Adelanto, CA

ohdan to FutureMon

to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

Except for the fact I have no gigs at all and haven't for several years running at this point. And it's not for a lack of trying...

Maybe Vegas? I know the economy is stagnant there, too, but when I was an active musician there was always work in Vegas. Make enough to cover weekend living expenses and you could spend your weekends there having some fun. If that's your thing.

Retired6
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Earth

Retired6 to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
Sorry to hear that.

I hope you find something else soon.

Good luck..:+)

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

My real skillset is with VB 6 (Expert), VB.NET (Adv), C#.NET (Mid), MS Sql (7-2005) (Expert), ASP (Expert), ASP.NET (Mid), HTML (Expert), Com/DCom (Expert), Groovy (SoapUI/XML/XSL) (Mid). No formal java specific experience to speak of.

- FM

We (UC Irvine) have a couple positions open for web application programmers. go to »staffing2.hr.uci.edu/CSS ··· 4202726& and click on Information Technology on the right. that's if your interested in being a quasi-state employee (non-represented).

Kibbles
Premium Member
join:1999-07-31
Mission Viejo, CA

Kibbles to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
Blizzard has a "few" openings »us.blizzard.com/en-us/co ··· y=Irvine

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
Boulder City, NV

dogma to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

No formal java specific experience to speak of.

I am seeing Java/J2EE dev gigs out the wazoo. Go to frys or amazon. Buy a "learn Java/J2EE in 30 days" (or some equivalent resource book). You've been doing development for years. How hard can Java be to pick up?

5 IT jobs in Cypress @ United health group: »careers.unitedhealthgrou ··· obs.aspx

Waldothe3rd
Premium Member
join:2009-02-16
Sun N Sand

Waldothe3rd to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
Lay-offs are never fun, and the timing of yours stinks! My company announced to several groups that Christmas eve would be their last day - Heartless bastards!
Good luck finding a new spot...

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

1 edit

FutureMon to dogma

to dogma
Am being submitted for a C# ASP.NET / SQL position in Irvine.

Crossing my fingers. Long Beach to Irvine isn't going to be the funnest commute, but I'll take a 1.5 hour commute for a 12 month contract than not be able to pay my rent and child support with what I'd be getting from UI.

[edit] just got told to be "ready for a 4 hour interview tomorrow". So they expect me to lose up to 5 hours of what little billable time I have left this month to go interview...sheesh.

- FM

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

Good luck. (work with the M to work the weekend, I have had good luck with them working outside normal hours)

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

FutureMon

Got another one scheduled for Wednesday late afternoon, also in Irvine.

This one is for a number of different opportunities - from Senior developer to Application Development Manager.

- FM
FutureMon

1 recommendation

FutureMon to TheRul

to TheRul
So I am getting ready to leave to drive to Irvine, and I haven't heard from my agent. I send him a text message asking what's going on, I don't even have the address or contact at this place.

He says it's been postponed while they review.

So I told him, you mean I got all dressed up and wore a tie all day for nothing? My price just went up (and I added $3/hr to my requested rate)

- FM
FutureMon

FutureMon

Possible 6+ month gig in Plano, TX.

$65/hr corp-to-corp.

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
Boulder City, NV

1 edit

dogma

Premium Member

If you relocated to Plano, you would probably never come back. No State income taxes there. You could probably satisfy your IRS debt and put a healthy down payment on a house with just the $$$ made in 6 Months.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

You could probably find the same job here, too. I don't know how the Southland is doing, but I get email all the time asking if I'm interested in changing employment.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

I was seriously looking into Texas.
But it will be a great culture shock, but it is a lot cheaper to live. If I remember the research $65 in So cal ~ 75 to 85 in most areas of TX. It will be a tough decision

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

I'd rather live in Gilroy than Texas.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

Personally, me too. I love it here. I consider myself very lucky, and if I could get futurmon a gig here, I would be happy to.

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
said by FutureMon:

Long Beach to Irvine isn't going to be the funnest commute

I work with several people that do the LB to Irvine commute and they say it's not that bad - depending on when you go.

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
Boulder City, NV

dogma to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
Hey, Buddy of mine called from Dallas a little earlier. I think I had mentioned him some time ago here. He had been laid off and out of work for 11 Months. He found another full-time position/job last June at about 29% less than he made before...but it was as a civilian employee of the DoD.

You guessed it. They gave him his walking papers today.

sholling
Premium Member
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA

sholling to FutureMon

Premium Member

to FutureMon
From Lifehacker: A guide to giving up your day job. Just something to dream about once you're in that next 9-5.

»lifehacker.com/5707473/t ··· um=email

FutureMon
Dude Whats mine say?

Marina, CA

2 edits

1 recommendation

FutureMon to dogma

to dogma
Lake Oswego, OR

MS Access -> Sql Server migration

6 - 12 months. $58/hr corp-to-corp

This type of thing is right up my alley... Got me an 11:15am monday morning telephone interview set up. Potentially followed by a face-to-face within a few days of that.

Good thing I know a couple people who live in Portland. Might be able to rent a room from 'em...

- FM