spc
Search similar:

uniqs

traker1001
@sbcglobal.net

traker1001

Anon

[MO] Mediacom cancellation fee after move

I went to sign up for Mediacom internet today and they told me that if I move to a location they don't service while under there contract I have to pay a $200 fee. So does Mediacom really charge a cancellation if you move to a location they can't service during one of there contracts.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

I'm guessing that you are signing up for one of the promotional deals that has a contractual period. If so, then this is probably in reference to a cancellation charge on the contract. (The assumption being that if you move to a place where you can still get Mediacom service that you'd also intend to continue on your contract.) If your moving is a likely possibility, you might consider not taking the promotional price at all and just pay for month-to-month service (which I know is more expensive) from the very beginning.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
The contract fee would not be waived if you move out of the area. We do have one or two year contract offers as well as non-contract packages.
If you would like, I can check the non-contract package prices in your area. Just PM me your address and I will send it over.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to traker1001

Premium Member

to traker1001
its no different than the satellite company's charging an ETF if you move to an apartment complex that doesn't allow sat dish's to be installed.

i dont agree with it, but as long as they all get away with it. theyl all do it.

question is. does that etf go down each month like the cell phone company's have to do?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The termination fee does decrease by $30 every 3 months that you have a contract.

ahent
join:2006-10-06
Johnston, IA

ahent to traker1001

to traker1001
Wow that kind of sucks, at US Cellular (I know not a cable company, but a company that deals in contracts) I was told if I moved out of their service area they would wave the cancellation fee. The fee only applied if I was in an area they serviced and still cancelled. IMO that is a better customer service policy.

traker1001
@sbcglobal.net

traker1001

Anon

From experience, AT&T will waive the contract if they can't service you. DirecTV did also when I moved to a apartment they couldn't service a few years ago.

Oh well. Ill stick with AT&T. They are less expensive anyways.