VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan

Premium Member

E-Mail Password Errors again.

Anybody else seeing the authentication errors on email passwords again. It started yesterday on my wife's account and has done it 3 or 4 times since.
That has been the only account so far.

d_l
Barsoom
MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV

d_l

MVM

Is this for Outlook or some other email client?

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV
·CenturyLink

VegasMan

Premium Member

said by d_l:

Oh yeah Outlook. I'm using 2010

d_l
Barsoom
MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV

d_l to VegasMan

MVM

to VegasMan
I think these password problems seem to affect Outlook more than other email clients, but that is more of a gut felling I've had after looking at various email password problem threads over the past few years.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to VegasMan

MVM

to VegasMan
said by VegasMan:

said by d_l:

Oh yeah Outlook. I'm using 2010

This issue is recurring, and affects predominantly, but not solely, MS Outlook users. Also seen reports from Thunderbird users. It is extremely intermittent for most people, and most clients. I occasionally see PW errors in my Mercury/32 (a comprehensive mail server application) logs. But Mercury is set to poll POP3 servers periodically, and just fails the one connection attempt, then polls the server again on the next polling cycle. I've never seen the errors on successive polling cycles. Usually just one error every couple of days on one single poll, of several throughout the day.

I've given up trying to offer help because I can't see that anybody has found a fix. It is just something flaky with the servers, and my method of access is actually masking the errors.

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan

Premium Member

It don't keep asking for a password. It asks once and then it's fine. It just does it every time I open outlook now.
I also notice in my Mailwasher logs that it has errored out a few times also.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by VegasMan:

I also notice in my Mailwasher logs that it has errored out a few times also.

MailWasher is an added complication, and I won't support it under any circumstances. Get rid of it and see if that helps.

W8ASA
Biet Noi Tieng Viet Khong?
join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
·Time Warner Cable

W8ASA to VegasMan

to VegasMan
I have had this problem with one of my business e-mail accounts hosted on Yahoo servers for a long, long time. I use Outlook, and about 30-40 times each day, I get this error box saying a network password is incorrect. I click on OK and it downloads the e-mails. The other accounts I have with Yahoo do NOT have this problem.

I've been told to change the password, which I've done. Same problem. There a major error in the Yahoo site coding somewhere that is causing this. If I use webmail, I NEVER get an error. The error pops up occasionally on my cell phone - maybe once a week.

I don't use any other e-mail programs.