spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jakop92
join:2004-08-19

2 edits

jakop92

Lag issues with Belkin G+ mimo router

I have both my computer and my xbox 360 wired directly to the router. I have issues surfing the internet sometimes (partially loads pages or says connection reset), and I have major lag on xbox live.

The router has the latest firmware. I didn't have any issues until I switched to this router (previous one had really weak wifi range).

Ideas?

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 recommendation

sashwa

Mod

Moved in from Belkin for help.

Rivalman
Rival
join:2004-01-18

Rivalman

Not sure what it is, but I've never had a Belkin router that didn't have some lag issues with my xbox and ps3. I've tried three different one, all had the issue.
I have gone to a good dlink, dgl4500, no issues now.
My own experience. But I couldn't tell you what's going on with yours really, if you look around you'll notice quite a few issues with Belkins and gaming.
My two cents..

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to jakop92

Mod

to jakop92
Moved back to Belkin per the OP's request. Still looking for help.
SnDin9
join:2010-07-23
Kitchener, ON

SnDin9 to jakop92

to jakop92
If all ports are open then you shouldn't have any problems, for the 360 at least. With the PC having issues though I would assume it's the router. If you wire directly to the modem do the issues still exist? If so then it'll be a modem/ISP issue. Getting a new router I'm guessing will be your best bet. We've had good luck with Linksys, and my girlfriend has a Belkin N router that hasn't had any issues.
Jasonfn22
join:2009-11-20
Bethlehem, GA

Jasonfn22 to jakop92

to jakop92
My advise is since you did not have issues until that router is switch back to whatever was working without issues.My advise to anybody with a 360 is use a wired router with a wireless access point hooked to the wired router for whatever you are connecting through wifi regardless of the opinions you here the fact is that wireless routers do several things in 1 piece of equipment but they are not good at any of them.Wired router and a wireless access point separates Chaos that's why big networks use the same concept but with much bigger equipment.