Premium
join:2003-05-26
USA/MidWest
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast

Culteral hot spots?

What are the South Central hot spots in your area? No limit on the type of hot spot, covering TX, OK, AR, LA. AR seems pretty limited, aside Murry's Dinner Playhouse and the Comedy House; of course the Ballet, though limited in interest around here, and I hear an assortment of, er, 'Club' entertainment.

Most of the "Culteral" activities in AR seem driven by either sports VIEWING (Non interative) or Lake activities in the Summer, Winter is a dead zone.

Curious, thoughts?

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:2

1 recommendation

Stubb's BBQ, Sixth Street, Dell Diamond, Barton Springs Pool (featuring topless sun bathing), Hippie Hollow, Katz's Deli (although the "powers that be" are trying to close it for non-payment of taxes).

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
reply to Kiwi
The French Quarter...more specifically Bourbon street.

boognish
Premium
join:2001-09-26
Baton Rouge, LA
kudos:6
I like Frenchmen ST much better.
--
don't get 2 close 2 my fantasy

Kiwi
Premium
USA/MidWest
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
said by boognish:

said by Drex:

I was told its got pretty rough downtown over the last two years, is that a myth? Used to love the blackened snapper, sure was a fine place to pig out with great recipes abound.

Kiwi
Premium
USA/MidWest
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
reply to McSummation
said by McSummation:

Stubb's BBQ, Sixth Street, Dell Diamond, Barton Springs Pool (featuring topless sun bathing), Hippie Hollow, Katz's Deli (although the "powers that be" are trying to close it for non-payment of taxes).

What month are we meeting, again.....

McSummation
Mmmm, Zeebas Are Tastee.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-08-13
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:2
Well, it was close to 80 today, so there may have been some down there. I was busy fixing a potty, so couldn't look.

Did you check Google for Hippie Hollow?

Stubb's BBQ is not only a decent BBQ joint, but they have live entertainment regularly. It's nothing to hear on the radio that "fill_in_a_name_you_recognize is appearing tonight at Stubb's".

Kiwi
Premium
USA/MidWest
Damn, gaysville. Not that desperate yet mate. Nothing against gays, just not my cuppa tea.

Might take you up on Stubb's though!

Still wondering about Orleans......

join:2011-01-03
reply to Kiwi
winter is not 100 percent dead activity season i think 50 percent as culturel point of views ... may be

boognish
Premium
join:2001-09-26
Baton Rouge, LA
kudos:6
reply to Kiwi
said by Kiwi:

said by boognish:

said by Drex:

I was told its got pretty rough downtown over the last two years, is that a myth? Used to love the blackened snapper, sure was a fine place to pig out with great recipes abound.

I go to New Orleans a couple of times a month and I have never had a problem. I don't go down dirty, deserted, dark alleys by myself either. It is just like any other urban areas. If you want to find trouble you probably can.
--
don't get 2 close 2 my fantasy