uniqs

NJBoricua75
Born And Raised
join:2000-09-13
Brooklyn, NY

NJBoricua75 to Matt3

to Matt3

Re: Major news

In order to fix the indoor coverage problem, you need more towers. In order get more towers, you need more money which they don't have. Clear's been bitching about Sprint's lack of funding.

2.5GHz is just a $hitty band. Face it.

I just think Sprint is better off converting Nextels 800MHz into LTE and forgetting about stupid WiMAX. If Clear wants to still offer it, so be it. Clear should target rural users using Satellite for internet.
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx

You have a point. 150MHz of 2.5GHz spectrum is AWESOME for fixed wireless service with an external antenna, not so hot for mobile use...
WhatNow
Premium Member
join:2009-05-06
Charlotte, NC

WhatNow

Premium Member

The other problem with towers is the I want great coverage but no tower in my back yard or that I can see.

jhgr345654
@sbcglobal.net

jhgr345654

Anon

F that They can put one in my back yard!!!!
iansltx
join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX

iansltx to WhatNow

to WhatNow
I don't mind cell sites perched atop buildings, or on existing towers. Between the two coverage should be just fine. Sprint has a cell site atop a building a few hundred yards away from me and as a result my phone works where other people's phones don't...and it's a Sprint phone.

rawgerz
The hell was that?
Premium Member
join:2004-10-03
Grove City, PA

rawgerz to NJBoricua75

Premium Member

to NJBoricua75
said by NJBoricua75:

2.5GHz is just a $hitty band. Face it.

Which is why I don't get how changing 2 point anything to LTE is better. Sprint doesn't have any 700Mhz spectrum, and they don't have the major ground network to provide high speeds in much of the country.