All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

mushmouth
join:2001-12-13
Earth

mushmouth

re

You called in a ticket ,and you've called a few times so they don't want to hear back that they closed the wrong one.
The tech is supposed to stop by the house anyway.It covers their ass.

Fios isn't for everyone. if you were so happy with dish why did you switch?.
VZ does have n routers at least here in ny they do.There is lots of info out ther to set up your own router with a vz router.
squirrel21
join:2007-03-12
New Port Richey, FL

squirrel21

Dishnet Was Great Other Than Weather Interuptions

I updated to FIOS triple play. I am stuck on a 2-year contract.

When I can, I will probably go back to Dishnet and this time will go with their latest DVRs as opposed to my purchased 508 and 510 models. I think Dishnet has more intuitive menus.

Had Bright House in late 2000, but cancelled after going through 3 bad digital STBs in a two week period. Most of my neighbors/friends swear by Bright House, but I will wait for them to offer more speed/dollar.

VZ offered better upload and download speeds.

I like the feature-set of Viatalk as opposed to FIOS phone.

If VZ wipes out my modem/router settings again, I will complain to ViaTalk and the FCC.
squirrel21

squirrel21 to mushmouth

to mushmouth

DNS Problems Suspected

I've seen within VZ and other outside reports about problems with DNS. I personally can attest to server farms being wiped out in Texas due to flooding and failure of backup generators.

I would feel much better if they would admit when they have problems. I've seen mail/mail server problems last for over a day, and still when you navigate to their support site of problems, there is no mention of having mail problems. THIS DOES NOT INSTILL CONFIDENCE!