spc
Search similar:

uniqs

misterjarret
@rsmrichter.com

misterjarret

Anon

no comment necessary

analysis was spot on. telcos will trump over the top providers such as netflix, as telcos own the most important piece of the value chain - the conduit.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium Member
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
·Consolidated Com..

spewak

Premium Member

said by misterjarret :

analysis was spot on. telcos will trump over the top providers such as netflix, as telcos own the most important piece of the value chain - the conduit.

That, and the Comcasts of the world will not let their Pay tv model be trumped by the Netflix's of the world. They will squeeze that pipe and only jack diddly s--- will come out. Netflix is delusional to think otherwise.
millerja01a
join:2005-10-03
Durham, NC

millerja01a to misterjarret

to misterjarret
Not if contect companies make their own conduits. I think it's time for them to at least look at the possibility of going wireless. Strike deals with the wireless providers to deliever Netflix to your phone or a CDMA/UTMS/LTE settop box.

When my family and I are on the road, I tether my ATT phone to my laptop and we watch netflix if we have a strong enough 3g signal. That's more common than not due to the locations we tend to go and many times my phone is faster than the hotel's Wifi(at least fo rnetflix anyway, packet shaping maybe).

Geminimind
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Sacramento, CA

Geminimind to misterjarret

Premium Member

to misterjarret
Comcast needs to ask themselves why people use Netflix. Because your poor excuse of an ondemand library sucks.

jazzlady
join:2005-08-04
Tannersville, PA

jazzlady

said by Geminimind:

Comcast needs to ask themselves why people use Netflix. Because your poor excuse of an ondemand library sucks.

People use Neflix because the prices of VOD are a huge rip-off... for the price of 2 VOD movies you can get a month of Netflix. Duh....

Geminimind
Premium Member
join:2003-12-20
Sacramento, CA

Geminimind

Premium Member

Yep and you get a bigger library of programming