uniqs
share rss forum feed

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
reply to iansltx

Re: What are they smoking?

NetFlix would have a better run at this if they started trying to partner with ISPs and others- especially in the state. They could by-pass a lot of CDN deals by doing that.

openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
Sure, bring on additional ESPN 360-like deals. No thank you. Or are you referring to utilizing each ISP an a CDN, hence having to negotiate several hundred deals opposed to a couple that they do now? That will likely drive up Netflix's costs even more than content distribution rights already have. Eventually ISPs will implement, and enforce, usage caps to minimize the impacts of services like Netflix. Consumer costs will rise and everyone in forums like this will complain about greedy ISPs and how they shouldn't offer services they can't provide.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH
no its partner with the ISPs, especially like indie ISPs and offer them a TV product. read below and you'd understand instead of claiming another ESPN 360 deal. and by the way---It's not a bad deal.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by hottboiinnc:

no its partner with the ISPs, especially like indie ISPs and offer them a TV product. read below and you'd understand instead of claiming another ESPN 360 deal. and by the way---It's not a bad deal.

You do realize that ESPN3 still counts against you cap with Comcast and Charter even though ESPN has deals with them.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to hottboiinnc
said by hottboiinnc:

NetFlix would have a better run at this if they started trying to partner with ISPs and others-

rofl! what isp doesn't do video these days and thats what caps are all about!
--
The shortest distance between 2 points adds 1.5 stars to T. want $25? solve »coord.info/GC20A37 for me