uniqs

gameboyrom
Premium Member
join:2000-11-27

gameboyrom to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster

Re: [game] Princess Bride Day 3

It's also used patronizingly. You've never said to a friend "we certainly didn't see that coming" even when it was just the two of you?

ZandraBee
"Sly Fox"
Premium Member
join:2008-10-02
Sterling Heights, MI

ZandraBee to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
Nice FUD. Keep trying. Doesn't make you look any better.

How is it defending when he's still on my list, still suspicious to me, but not my top vote?

You make no sense.

It's true that scum does that, and I wasn't the only one to say that. I don't know if they did that here, but it was something to look into.
ZandraBee

ZandraBee to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
I've used the phrase "Well I didn't see that coming" before.

gameboyrom
Premium Member

gameboyrom to ZandraBee

Premium Member

to ZandraBee
@ line 2: that's the exact play of mafia defending a partner that they see is outted. Give possible reason they're not mafia. Make an excuse not to vote for them immediately (you claimed you were waiting on further checkins). Say they're still suspicious, so if things go poorly you can vote for him and it's not out of the blue.

@ line 4: It's surely something to look into, but that is not the only reason ekster was suspicious. There were two days worth of ekster looking bad, and it was topped off by the top person pointing this out dying. I was willing to take the chance he was being framed, because with everything considered, there's a much higher chance in my eyes that he's scum.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
No, I haven't... but it starting to sound like you're slipping.

But I really would want to hear from others as well. We're 12-13 in the game but it feels like only 5 or 6 are here. :/

gameboyrom
Premium Member

gameboyrom to ZandraBee

Premium Member

to ZandraBee
I'm not going to bother arguing this point then. It's likely a regional thing. I would never say that phrase in the singular, unless it were negative, "No one saw that coming."

ZandraBee
"Sly Fox"
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

ZandraBee to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
You have it all wrong, and no it's not the exact play of a mafia defending a partner. I was always ok with him dying, but I see more people worthy of my vote at the moment. There are a lot of mafia left, and the more you talk the more I'm sure it's you.
ZandraBee

ZandraBee to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
How can you speak for everyone when you don't know what they think?

Unless you know how your mafia partners feel.
ZandraBee

ZandraBee to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
And you keep trying to push this and argue this, but it holds no water and looks really stupid if you don't put your money where your mouth is.

So vote me, or try to actually find the mafia.

gameboyrom
Premium Member

gameboyrom to ZandraBee

Premium Member

to ZandraBee
It's a saying...

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pl ··· jestatis
»uncyclopedia.wikia.com/w ··· izing_we - despite being a sarcastic version of an encyclopedia is actually dead on with a bunch of examples from common language

I could find more. Just google any form of "royal we" "patronizing we" "singular we" etc
gameboyrom

gameboyrom to ZandraBee

Premium Member

to ZandraBee
I am trying to actually find the mafia. I think I found ekster. I'm therefore voting for him.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to ZandraBee

Premium Member

to ZandraBee
said by ZandraBee:

I was always ok with him dying,

Ouch.

That aside, if Z was my partner who decided to defend me while I was 'outed'... she would've done it much sooner, and not be one pushing me the most earlier on.

And if GBR was my partner, I wouldn't be pointing at him every time I mentioned my list of suspects.

I don't have any partners. I'm just a lonely townie.

And as it's only the three of us right now, it's really easy to say the other two are partners. Heck, I could easily suggest you two are partners trying to distance yourselfs while making me look like I'm partnered up with one of you. Others need to chime in.

gameboyrom
Premium Member

gameboyrom

Premium Member

I'm off to lunch. The most sense I think any of us have made is that others need to talk. This day has taken multiple real life days and there's only a few ppl who've popped in. Of note:

Chlen is online right now and not talking (although I guess he says dslr opens up on his homepage or something).
tmo's said two things.
modem hasn't said much more.
yock's been offline
BR hasn't said anything
aztec has given short responses with votes
brom came on to say one thing yesterday and hasnt followed up

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

said by gameboyrom:

I'm off to lunch. The most sense I think any of us have made is that others need to talk. This day has taken multiple real life days and there's only a few ppl who've popped in. Of note:

Chlen is online right now and not talking (although I guess he says dslr opens up on his homepage or something).
tmo's said two things.
yock's been offline
BR hasn't said anything

I'm fairly useless... I am not allowed to vote.

I know I haven't been saying much but this is the last week before exams here at school and I have to make test... review sheets, etc... I can play more next week.. but as I said the ONLY way I am usefull is that I am not mafia.

I know I could say more.. but I can't convince people of anything when I am town... or when I am mafia... and the only power I would have is my vote and I'M NOT ALLOWED hhaha.

ZandraBee
"Sly Fox"
Premium Member
Sterling Heights, MI

ZandraBee

Premium Member

If you can't vote, you'd be harmful to the town in the long run.

BigReds42
Premium Member
join:2004-07-14
Bellaire, OH

BigReds42

Premium Member

I know... I didn't know what to do when we lost 3 townies in a row....as I said I am not good enough to be able to read stuff... come up with arguments for or against people... so I am kinda useless.

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium Member
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

chlen to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

I do not think it's hard to tell those apart. Firstly, if I was mafia, only thing I would know is that the other kill wasn't a mafia kill. There's no way being mafia would give me any more information. Second, when there's already one kill that seems like a usual mafia hit, "It seems a Brute Squad had a lynching overnight" is pretty clear that a group had decided to lynch someone at night. Question it all you want, but I can't make it any more clearer.

lol the "if I was mafia argument" in princess bride game. - awesome.
chlen

chlen to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
said by gameboyrom:

tmo's said two things.
yock's been offline
BR hasn't said anything

I'm frequently on, i am playing in another game, and like reading the other forums. Also it is my homepage so if my browser is open somewhere, I am on. DSLR has been my homepage since I was 15 (now 27... well fuck me)

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Liar. That's 12 years. You joined in 2001.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

Not keeping up at the moment. will have to come back later tonight.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Liar. That's 12 years. You joined in 2001.

LaL...?

brian
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mission Viejo, CA

brian to Chaplain

Premium Member

to Chaplain
just checking in...

I apologize for being absent. between holiday parties at work, actually working, and family stuff, I haven't had much free time.

I don't have time to catch up right now either... time to get the kid ready for bed, and then more work. feel free to lynch me if you need someone to go. I won't be a huge loss to the town (other than being down a townie) and I don't know how much I'll be able to participate over the next couple weeks.

aztecnology
O Rly?
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Murrieta, CA

aztecnology

Premium Member

said by brian:

I won't be a huge loss to the town (other than being down a townie) and I don't know how much I'll be able to participate over the next couple weeks.

How about a role claim instead of a lynch...

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium Member
join:2006-10-19
USA

DrModem to gameboyrom

Premium Member

to gameboyrom
said by gameboyrom:

This game hasn't been very interesting so far... imo.

So I'm just waiting for the crowd to thin, because it usually heats up when there are less people.

Take that comment as you wish.

Chaplain
So It Goes
Premium Member
join:2002-10-11
USA

Chaplain

Premium Member

Official Vote Count
Players needed to lynch: 7

TheRul - 1 - bjl (L-6)
aztecnology - 1 - TheRul (L-6)
gameboyrom - 3 - aztecnology, chlen, ZandraBee (L-4)
chlen - 1 - ekster (L-6)
ekster - 1 - gameboyrom (L-6)

Players not voting: Archivis, BigReds42, Brom, DrModem, tmodelt, yock

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Vote: GBR

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

why the vote on GBR I haven't been able to see what everyone else is seeing.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

The game has two pages. I said my shit about GBR already. It's not like the posts got "lost in the chaos".

tmodelt
join:2010-05-06
Hendersonville, NC

tmodelt

HA HA I guess I will read then
tmodelt

tmodelt

ok re-read
vote:Gbr