share rss forum feed

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA

1 edit

Interesting lotto/luck story

So I was on a bowling date last Saturday afternoon.

On our 3rd game, I kept getting 7's in each frame. In fact, around the 7th frame, my date said we should go get a lottery ticket.

When the game was done, there were 7 frames that started with 7 pins down.

After we were done, we went across the street to 7-11.

I bought a $5 mega-millions quick-pick ticket, and in a quick afterthought I looked at their scratchers. Saw they had "Winning 7's" scratchers, so I bought one. They were $2 - so I had spent $7 buying lottery stuff.

I decided to scratch it off right there. Turned out that every single line was a winner.

Won $50.00

The Mega Million ticket wasn't going to be drawn till Tuesday (December 7). I waited until Thursday to check the numbers, and turns out I got 3 out of 5 - which means it was a $7 winner.

Isn't that weird? All those 7's in the game, winning on a winning 7's scratcher from 7-11 and then winning $7 on the mega ticket on the 7th...lol

- FM
--
This just in from the department of redundancy department...

seamore
Premium
join:2009-11-02
Was big daddy in the sky of any help with your luck?

sholling
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Hemet, CA
kudos:1
reply to FutureMon
I'm glad to hear that your retirement plan is starting to pay off for you.

Retired6
Premium
join:2002-11-09
Earth
reply to FutureMon
Next stop....LAS VEGAS, mon !

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
I think it was a one time thing - I've bought several of those winning 7's tickets since and haven't won a thing.

Besides I think it was my date that initiated the whole thing. Earlier that saturday we were texting about stuff, and she replied to me "Lucky" to which I had replied "I wish".

Guess it came true but only for that day.

- FM
--

dogma
XYZ
Premium
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV
kudos:1
said by FutureMon:

Earlier that saturday we were texting about stuff, and she replied to me "Lucky" to which I had replied "I wish".

Are we to read in some innuendo here that revolves around your date and getting "Lucky"?

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
said by dogma:

said by FutureMon:

Earlier that saturday we were texting about stuff, and she replied to me "Lucky" to which I had replied "I wish".

Are we to read in some innuendo here that revolves around your date and getting "Lucky"?

ROFL!!!!

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6
reply to FutureMon
"I wish?!"

Wrong. The appropriate response was "I am. I met you."

Damn kids.

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
Seaside, CA
reply to dogma
said by dogma:

said by FutureMon:

hehe no her comment was in regards to my actually having a cup of nice hot coffee and she didn't have any. (Which I took care of btw; I picked up a bottle of some pretty good instant coffee from the 99 cent store and gave it to her..lol)

We were supposed to go see a movie this past weekend but she fell asleep after a full day of rearranging her parents apartment around. It's the first time in 6 or 7 weeks I haven't seen her on the weekend. But she did agree to come to christmas at my folks place. And she's supposed to go xmas shopping with me on the 18th or 19th.

I'm friends with 3 of her cousins (it was their idea to set us up), plus have been to several of the extended family's birthday parties and stuff, so it's not about getting lucky in that way...

- FM
--