All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

DSL_movie
@frontiernet.net

DSL_movie to Jeffy

Anon

to Jeffy

Re: [DSL] If frontier disconect my DSL service, pay cancel fee?

Yes, COMCAST is better option now if you don't have a contract with Frontier. I bring my laptop pc to my neighbor to download movie and very fast since my meter is almost reaching 100GB this period. My neighbor has COMCAST. I download a lot Chinese movies from China and watch every day.

By the way, if you have your own DSL modem, you can it to avoid your monthly modem rental fee. That's what I do. At first, Few Frontier customer told me they will charge this fee regardless I use their modem and not and told me that's their police. I did fight back with them now they credit me the charge and remove the modem fee on my statement.
Here is the step:
1. I think any DSL modem without the router function will work with fontier dsl (Not sure on this, I have test a few DSL modems they all work, but I have not test all brands yet.)
2. If you DSL modem has a router function, try to disable the router function. (I have not test modem with router yet. So not sure on this.)
3. Use only NETGEAR brand router. I have also test DLINK and TRENDNET routers but they are not work with Fronter's DSL. It can connect to internet but can not access your email.
Only NETGEAR router work without any problem.

Dampier P
@rr.com

Dampier P

Anon

Someone scan a copy of this letter and send me a screen shot of your usage from their "Flexnet" website (never heard of this before BTW). Also, call them back and ask them where in their terms and conditions it says there is a 5GB cap. We in fact fought to get them to remove it. They cannot enforce what is not there.

In fact, if you are on contract, I'd say they probably would have a major problem trying to enforce this anyway, especially with an ETF. If someone can send me screen shots and document scans, I'll blot out the personal info and write it up.

Frontier is the phone company that could be great, but turns out not to be very good. This kind of stuff explains why.

Send anything/everything to phil (@) stopthecap.com and we'll get the ball rolling... again.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Hey Phil! Forgot to log in I see
jhb16082
join:2010-07-18
Monroeton, PA

jhb16082 to DSL_movie

to DSL_movie
Wrong. You had ot tweak VPI and VCI, it is how i got my Actiontec GT724WGR DSL gateway router to work. So therefore, you just do is tweak that specific setting then your router will work. I had ot because it saves me a lot of money when i tweak that settings then I use it a lot. So it means any modems will work if you figure out how to tweak on specific VPI and VCI settings then it will work. But I have no issues with NETGEAR, but it is useless for my videophone because NETGEAR put everything in different names which pisses me off. So I want to get Linksys, or a bit better: D-link. I had to use Actiontec for now instead of Frontier's DSL modem. I noticed they use Sagemcom instead of Siemens recently. I didn't notice until last month. And Frontier updated the upload speed for me and it works for my videophone and now I have 512kps upload and normal 3MB download.

And I have to agree with DSL_movie because I tried to remove the rental fee too and they end up charging me and I am pissed too.

So you're not alone, DSL_movie.

Smith6612
MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Interesting... If you can get a hold of a Sagemcom modem, post up some information on it as well as a screenshot of the Administration page. I'd like to see it . Without Googling a lot, this is what I was able to find...

»www.sagemcom.com/EN/prod ··· iv3.html
jhb16082
Monroeton, PA

jhb16082

hehe Smith, I will take a pic, that'll be a LOT better for you.
jhb16082

jhb16082 to Smith6612

to Smith6612
Click for full size
Sagemcom SE567? Odd. Researched that and nothing is THERE.
Click for full size
My bf's old modem and my new modem.
Click for full size
OLD one. (Siemens)
Click for full size
NEW one. (Sagemcom)
Click for full size
SAME LOOKS! BUT the different companies... odd.
Here.

And I'll put more pics soon. You'll be surprised Smith....

Now you will see what I'm trying to tell you.

moo
@173.85.201.x

moo

Anon

Sagemcom bought the broadband technology division of Gigaset (a subsidiary of Siemens) a while ago. Same box, just a new brand name.

Smith6612
MVM
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Didn't hear about that. Thanks for the info guys. Considering it's the SE567 under the hood, I'm running with the assumption it's running the same variety of firmware the Siemens-branded modems did and the hardware is still the same under the hood. Only thing different would probably be coming from the copyrights and perhaps better firmware builds.
jhb16082
Monroeton, PA

jhb16082

Ahhh... that is kinda explained everything.
jhb16082

jhb16082 to Smith6612

to Smith6612
Smith, eh I disagree. I keep having issues no matter what.