spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jwes12

@istc.net

Covad Houston/Baytown Tx area

Does anybody know what's going on with Covad in the Houston/Baytown area? We've been without service in that area since early Friday morning (dec. 10).

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt

join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

Have you contacted your ISP's support department?

Jwes12

@istc.net

Yea, they've been pretty elusive and we can't get any real answers or an ETA. So far the only thing we've heard is they're waiting for a "card" to be shipped in for replacemement. They promised that by 9am Monday morning. We're still dead in the water, was just wondering if anybody else was affected and to what extent the outage is.

LBDSL
Lightning Bolt

join:2002-01-07
Auburn Hills, MI

If the are replacing the DSLAM card (Just a guess based on what you said) then it would only effect the users on that card, which could be just you, or a hand full of customers. Your ISP would be the best place to get answers. If they can't help you (Provide you with detailed info on what the problem is), you may want to think about switching ISP's
--
Lightning Bolt Technologies

Jwes12

@istc.net

Thanks, we've found out it's affecting 32 customers in that area or at least that's what they're telling us. Which would confirm your assumption. I've been researching new ISP's all day so I'm with you there. They've been pretty good over the last several years but this has gone well beyond acceptable. I do appreciate your input, thanks again.