Victek to buggs1a8

Anon

to buggs1a8

Re: [Tomato] tomatousb firmware for E3000

Which to download for the linksys e3000? »victek.is-a-geek.com

Does this stream media to xbox360 and ps3 without any issues over wifi? Fine
hows gaming performance?[/b] Fine [/b]
can it dual 2.4ghz and 5 same time on 2 diff networks one for each? Yes
Can you access usb hard drive from pc and mac easy to drag n drop files for backup etc? Tested OK in PC, no clue about MAC, try and feedback pls

linksys firmware dont work for me so i am taking router back if this doesn't work. streaming video dont work at all on linksys firmware. so i thot to give tomato a try or the vic tech thingy. Stream by WLAN? WAN?...

how can you install the firmware over wifi or can you? could i connect to linksys via lan or wan and access without cisco software at all initally to do the upgrade to tomato or victech thingy? Always by wired ethernet connection, to access type your router IP in your Internet Browser. You can upgrade directly from linksys firmware upgrade menu and also go back to original Linksys if you don't like it

Thanks guys.
buggs1a8
join:2000-12-24
Seattle, WA

buggs1a8

Thanks.
Streaming media I meant from USB hdd connected to router. Stream to my 360 and ps3.

I took router back to best buy for refund today before I checked the thread here. I used it 15 minutes and since streaming video didn't work, cnet had exact same issue, I disconnected.

Wish tomato worked on my wndr3700. I don't like ddwrt at all.
rhdcheme
join:2006-11-18
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme to Victek

to Victek
@Victek:

Do any of your builds have DLNA? If so, which of these should I flash for e3000? Is it 8671 or 8690? Thanks in advance!

Enlaces/Links. Ult.versión/Last Rel. Dec.5.2010.K-2.6.22. MIPSR2.
# Tomato RAF 1.28.8653.. ONLY FOR RT-N16/WRT610N (MIPSR2.Kernel 2.6) Extended + VPN. Christmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8661.. FOR RT-N16/WRT610N without VPN. Christmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8671.. FOR Cisco e3000 with USB & VPN. Chistmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8681.. Standard version for 4MB flash memory (RT-N12). Christmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8690.. FOR Cisco e3000 without VPN. Chistmas Edition.

# Tomato RAF 1.28.8695.. FOR Cisco e2000 + VPN. Chistmas Edition.

Victek
@ono.com

Victek

Anon

Tomato RAF 1.28.8671.. FOR Cisco e3000 with USB & VPN. Chistmas Edition.

But .. if you can wait few hours you will get a good surprise, 8672 is ready for launch with IPv6 compatibility and vsftp (ftp with ssl) .. If you want desperately run Tomato RAF the version I ticked at the beginning is OK, DLNA server (Media server) is included.
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

Wonderful! Thank you and happy holidays!!

realityloop
@monash.edu.au

realityloop

Anon

Does tomatoUSB allow you to use the E3000 USB port with a printer attached as a print server?
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

It sure does! You can enable the printer support in the web gui under USB

realityloop
@monash.edu.au

realityloop

Anon

Awesome.. Thanks!
gsshiva
join:2010-12-28
Dublin, CA

gsshiva to Victek

to Victek

WDS from WRT54GL to E3000

My main router is a Linksys E3000 whose configuration is
Firmware version
Tomato Firmware RAF1.28.8672 MIPSR2_RAF E3000 USB VPN
5GHz configured as

Wireless Mode Access Point
Wireless Network Mode N Only

2.4GHz configured as

Wireless Mode Access Point + WDS
Wireless Network Mode G Only

I have another router, a Linksys WRT54GL whose configuration is
Firmware version
Tomato RAF Firmware v1.28.8525 _RAF ND VPN
Wireless configuration

Wireless Mode WDS
Wireless Network Mode Auto

The issue that I am facing is that, I cannot set my E3000 2.4GHz's Wireless Network Mode to "Auto" for WDS from my WRT54GL to work. I wanted to make the "E3000"'s 2.4GHz to Auto so that, I can have N clients connect to it in N mode and G clients (such as the WDS router) connect in G mode. Whenever I change the E3000 mode to "Auto" the WDS stops working. So I am forced to make the E3000 2.4GHz to "G" speed. Is there any way I could achieve my desired behavior.

Thanks
!Shiva

Victek
@ono.com

Victek

Anon

Did you fixed the channel? If yes.. then try Tomato 1.28.121006 for WRT54GL and try your configuration, it should be more stable.

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
join:2003-10-09
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

Victek why not become a member here?

But I need your help,I'm trying to setup IPv6, I'm using Tomato Firmware RAF1.28.8692 MIPSR2_RAF E3000 USB Ext, but after setting it up I am getting a flashing Power LED, I have a tunnel threw HE, I can see the IP address in Windows 7, but the router isn't showing one.
Victek
join:2010-12-29

Victek

Implementation of IPv6 is not complete yet, Wes is doing it, device list is only getting IPv4 names as I checked in the code. Interesting the flashing Power LED .. and the router still resolves DNS and navigates?... I'll talk team guys in our board.

I'm guilty for IP/MAC BW Limiter and RAF features.

Thanks!

Ronnie_USA
Premium Member
join:2003-10-09
Morehead, KY

Ronnie_USA

Premium Member

Thank You, for the info, I have been trying t do this all day, with no luck. Welcome to the DLSR Forum as a member.
gsshiva
Dublin, CA

gsshiva

Hello Victek,
Thanks for your quick response, where you asked me if the channel was fixed and asked me to try a tomato version for the 54GL (for some reason I could not see your response any more in this thread).

yes, I did fix the channel to 6 on the main router as well as the 54GL. If I remember your posting correctly you asked me to try 1.28.12xxxx. Is this the stock tomato f/w from polarcloud ? If so then I had that version before and saw the same issue and thought switching to your mod firmware for 54GL might solve the problem. If the version you mentioned is not the stock tomato f/w, let me know from where I can get that version.

Thanks again for all your help
!shiva
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme to Victek

to Victek

Re: [Tomato] tomatousb firmware for E3000

@Victek:

8671 did not survive a stress test. I was transferring about 100 GB from a laptop connected on the 5GHz radio to a USB HDD and, about 10-20% through, I noticed that the 2.4 radio became EXTREMELY slow 1 Mbps.

Stopping the transfer did not help. Nor did a power cycle. Had to go back to default configuration (hard reset) and start over to achieve normal wireless speeds.
gsshiva
Dublin, CA

gsshiva

The latest version is 8673. I am using 8672, not sure what the changes between 8672 and 73 is, since the 73 did not have any changelog when I downloaded. HTH
!shiva
rhdcheme
Lorton, VA

rhdcheme

said by gsshiva:

The latest version is 8673. I am using 8672, not sure what the changes between 8672 and 73 is, since the 73 did not have any changelog when I downloaded. HTH
!shiva

How is 8672 working out for you?