MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya to that guy

MVM

to that guy

Re: heater turns off after a few minutes

I'm guessing the posts are being "held" by the system because of the OP's anon status.

So I'll give my thoughts based on pure conjecture.
Your blower motor is out. It could be a bad winding or a bad fan controller.
The furnace ignites, calls for fan (that doesn't work), heats up to the high limit and kicks out (as it should). This is to keep your house from burning down or damaging the heat exchanger in the furnace.

Normal average forced air furnaces may have multi-speed motors. Usually 2 or 3 speeds. Heat is usually low or medium, and A/C is high.

If you switch the thermostat fan switch to "on", the fan usually defaults to high speed (on Honeywell fan controllers).

that guy
@comcast.net

that guy

Anon

sir, i sincerely appreciate your advice i just want to ask if u think that the blower motor is out if the fans outside kick on for the ac but not for the heater, please continue to leave any advice u think could help me and yes the posts got held i posted a few that still havnt shown up
tberg
join:2001-08-23
Greenville, SC

tberg

As Nunya states, the blower fan (big fan) is a multispeed fan. It could be that the slower speed (used for heating) is not working while the faster speed (for A/C) is working.
Or it could be that the sensor that kicks in the fan for heat is defective.
Time to call in the pros.