spc
Search similar:

uniqs

bustedphone
@bellsouth.net

bustedphone

Anon

Internet is working but no dial tone

I have att dsl and a home phone line non voip old phone service. Today the internet and the phone went out for about an hour and then the internet came back but I still don't have any dial tone. I have tried unplugging the phone and unplugging filters and dsl modem etc but still there is no dial tone only what sounds like someone else on the line for about a second and then a hangup sound and then nothing. I looked outside my apt building and didn't see anything wrong with the phone boxes aka no bad kids yanking wires or anything like that and there was nobody working on the phone boxes outside my building either. It must be something in the big box nearby that handles the area. We have some bad weather here today and it was worse last night so maybe something froze over. I am in atlanta area on buford hwy northeast. Is anyone else near me experiencing this problem?

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

If you call at&t they can repair the voice service

bustedphone
@bellsouth.net

bustedphone to bustedphone

Anon

to bustedphone
Yes I have tried that but all I get is the office has closed over and over again and I am calling the right number, I have had to call for repair several times throughout the last two years so I know the correct way for calling in a repair but they just won't connect me. I can only borrow my neighbors cell phone so many times.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer to bustedphone

Premium Member

to bustedphone
As I recall, you can request repairs online -- maybe even via a live chat these days.

bustedphone
@bellsouth.net

Anon

to bustedphone
I wish I could but I have been trying to log in for some time now and the login page from att does not take my password no matter what. Hopefully today from yet another borrowed phone somewhere I can get att to answer and get some info on repairs to my phone line. I hope some drunk guy hit the box down the street so a bunch of people will have already complained and att will have to fix it then lol.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 edit

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by bustedphone :

I wish I could but I have been trying to log in for some time now and the login page from att does not take my password no matter what. Hopefully today from yet another borrowed phone somewhere I can get att to answer and get some info on repairs to my phone line. I hope some drunk guy hit the box down the street so a bunch of people will have already complained and att will have to fix it then lol.

You should not need to login to anything.
Go to »repair.att.com/repair/landing.do
Select Telephone...

Fill in your telephone no and hit Continue

Fill out the repair request form and continue the process as instructed

RJ44
join:2001-10-19
Nashville, TN

RJ44 to bustedphone

to bustedphone
said by bustedphone :

Yes I have tried that but all I get is the office has closed over and over again and I am calling the right number, I have had to call for repair several times throughout the last two years so I know the correct way for calling in a repair but they just won't connect me.

The number for residential repair in the southeast is 877-737-2478.
Whatever number you're calling is obviously not correct because they aren't closed.

bustedphone
@bellsouth.net

Anon

to bustedphone
The number I was calling was 611 and yesterday I finally managed to get through to a human and they said someone would be out sometime between friday and today. This afternoon a tech came out and was able to fix the dsl but he said someone else would have to come and look at the box outside my building later on and he also said the phone would still be down until monday because of some issues with a main office nearby. He also said there are some other people with the same issue that has to be solved by that main office. That office is probably closed for the weekend.
markobia
join:2006-01-18
Clarkston, GA

markobia to bustedphone

to bustedphone
you've a short in one of your lines from the interface box. look for crimp or exposed wire. happy hunting for the holidays
dingo4
Premium Member
join:2009-02-08

dingo4

Premium Member

said by markobia:

you've a short in one of your lines from the interface box. look for crimp or exposed wire. happy hunting for the holidays

What??? What are you basing this on. He could have an open. And how can you diagnose where this trouble is?? Enlighten me....please
RJ44
join:2001-10-19
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

RJ44

said by dingo4:

said by markobia:

What??? What are you basing this on. He could have an open. And how can you diagnose where this trouble is?? Enlighten me....please

Long range psychic troubleshooting, it's all the rage. Haven't you heard?

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel to bustedphone

to bustedphone
Probably one of those cheap ass Conair phones purchased from the dime store has gone belly up...or just off the hook.

bustedphone
@bellsouth.net

Anon

to bustedphone
Phone is still out today but they promised to fix it by tuesday. My phone was bought at walmart but it is actually a good phone and I tested it at another location and it works correctly.
bustedphone

Anon

to bustedphone
The phone service is back on!

They fixed it just a few minutes ago and called my number when they finished the repair. The tech said it was a bad audio card as someone mentioned earlier. In my area and just about all over georgia everything was frozen recently for about a week or so. During that time something had to give somewhere and I was thinking that many people were without a phone in my area as well. Well it is fixed now