ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1

Not going to happen.

50/20 Mbps will not happen!

ISPs will not spend the money to upgrade.

FizzyMyNizzy

join:2004-05-29
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

Verizon Fios 50/20Mbps »www22.verizon.com/Residential/Fi···tm#plans I wonder is that the 1%

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
reply to ARGONAUT

Yet they will probably spend more money than it would cost to get us close to this lofty goal by fighting municipal builds and paying for lobbyists to push policies toward stifling innovation and strengthening their dominant control over the market.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02
kudos:38

It would be great (though impossible) to see an audit result of the total money spent on protectionism vs. the cost of wiring every home in the country with fiber to the home.

Ben
Premium
join:2007-06-17
Glen Carbon, IL
reply to FizzyMyNizzy

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

Verizon Fios 50/20Mbps »www22.verizon.com/Residential/Fi···tm#plans I wonder is that the 1%

That's probably most of it.  Others include Paxio, UTOPIA, and that one service (I forget the name) in Chattanooga, TN.

MonkeyLick78

join:2002-01-27
Hixson, TN

The company in Chattanooga is EPB Fiber Optics. It's $70.00 for 50/50.

crk2h

join:2003-03-19
Tullahoma, TN
Reviews:
·LightTUBe
·Charter

I am impressed with how much red there was in TN Here in Murfreesboro,TN we can get 50/10 with Comcast and I think they may even offer faster they just don't advertise it. I know there is a fiber system in Tullahoma, TN (www.lighttube.net) also offering a service like in Chattanooga and they have 25/10 for $60 and the 50/25 is like $150

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to FizzyMyNizzy

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

Lets not forget DOCSIS 3.0 upgrades on the Comcast end will also net that much speed.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Ben

said by Ben:

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

That's probably most of it.  Others include Paxio, UTOPIA, and that one service (I forget the name) in Chattanooga, TN.

All services only handfuls of people can get.
--
The shortest distance between 2 points adds 1.5 stars to T. want $25? solve »coord.info/GC20A37 for me

WernerSchutz

join:2009-08-04
Sugar Land, TX
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

Lets not forget DOCSIS 3.0 upgrades on the Comcast end will also net that much speed.

Awesome those Docsis 3 speeds. Too bad one can barely use them due to the CAP.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by WernerSchutz:

said by Nightfall:

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

Awesome those Docsis 3 speeds. Too bad one can barely use them due to the CAP.

I have blast right now and never hit the cap. Go figure. 250gb per month is quite reasonable. If anything, as the speeds increase, so will the cap down the road. Especially as more ISPs penetrate into the markets like they are now.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

gorehound

join:2009-06-19
Portland, ME
reply to ARGONAUT

unless they charge you tons and cap your accounts as well.
soon we will be a lot more screwed

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

I do not believe that any DOCSIS 3.0 consumer package reaches 20 Mbps for uploads. No Comcast service in my area is offered that meets the 50/20 criteria. Since the stats suggest only 1%, I'd have to think that Comcast was omitted, and rightfully so, due to the limits on the upstream capacity.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to MonkeyLick78

Don't forget EPB likes caps but they won't speak about that publicly.

MonkeyLick78

join:2002-01-27
Hixson, TN
Reviews:
·EPB Fiber Optics

said by battleop:

Don't forget EPB likes caps but they won't speak about that publicly.

On business but not residential. You sure complain a lot about a company you voluntarily buy service from despite having other alternatives.